Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cannot say enough good things about where they are putting the charger, my favs, in order of the number of visits:

Five Guys *
McDonald's
Chipotle *
Applebee's
Sushi House
Panera Bread *
MOD Pizza *
Jamba Juice *
Trabocca $$
Starbucks
Subway

also See's Candy and TWO ice cream joints, all within the one mall. GEEZ. And TWO grocery stores and a Walgreens *. It will be interesting to see what happens to the old Food Truck Convergence that used to meet every Saturday in that parking lot before construction started.

And the ocean is closer than the Applebee's. The street to the freeway is FULL of restaurants too: AMF Bowling *, Doggy-Style, Jack in the Box, Tomatina, Homeskillet, Peet's, Ole's Waffle Shop, La Penca Azul, Island Taquiera, Habanas Cuban... Yum, yum, yum

Tons of others, but those are the ones I am really familiar with.

* Can be seen from the Supercharger

-Randy

Last edited:
Cannot say enough good things about where they are putting the charger, my favs, in order of the number of visits:

Five Guys *
McDonald's
Chipotle *
Applebee's
Sushi House
Panera Bread *
MOD Pizza *
Jamba Juice *
Trabocca $$
Starbucks
Subway

also See's Candy and TWO ice cream joints, all within the one mall. GEEZ. And TWO grocery stores and a Walgreens *. It will be interesting to see what happens to the old Food Truck Convergence that used to meet every Saturday in that parking lot before construction started.

And the ocean is closer than the Applebee's. The street to the freeway is FULL of restaurants too: AMF Bowling *, Doggy-Style, Jack in the Box, Tomatina, Homeskillet, Peet's, Ole's Waffle Shop, La Penca Azul, Island Taquiera, Habanas Cuban... Yum, yum, yum

Tons of others, but those are the ones I am really familiar with.

* Can be seen from the Supercharger

-Randy
I’ve been to both Ole’s Waffle Shop and La Penca Azul—both great places for food—mostly because my brother used to work at Wine and Waffles. Park Street is a bustling place, I recommend walking it up and down to check out the area. And imo Alameda Beach is surprisingly nice for something in east bay.

I’ve been to both Ole’s Waffle Shop and La Penca Azul—both great places for food—mostly because my brother used to work at Wine and Waffles. Park Street is a bustling place, I recommend walking it up and down to check out the area. And imo Alameda Beach is surprisingly nice for something in east bay.

2nd the Trabocco recommendation just because it’s been a consistently solid place.

Also to the places already mentioned, a walk up to park you will find:
-Pappo - $$ but good
-Burma superstar - usually a line in the evening - tea leaf salad is great
-Mamma papa Lithuania - ask for their Lithuanian beer recommendations. Fried garlic bread is good!
-Cholita Linda - rock’in fish tacos
-Doggie Style - good themed hotdog joint
-Scolari’s - of triple D fame - no more Taylor sandwich - whhhyyyyy
-The Star - good deep dish

A bit further up on park:
-The Marketplace - a bunch of food stalls and shops.
-East End pizza - good pizza and sandwiches/salads
-Speisekammer - Good german food /German beer/World Cup viewing headquarters- what’s not to love

Have fun!

Yeah, I'm gonna miss this town when I move to Washington, though I won't miss supercharging being CHEAPER than charging at home.

IMG_5252.JPG

-Randy

That's a reason to have a Kiwano in your car. 15 MPH with an hour worth of range. Just toss it on the floor in the back. Self-balancing. It was quite handy when I had that blow-out two weeks ago, rode and got lunch while waiting for the Tesla Ranger.

IMG_5253_Lively.gif

Without transportation 2.4 miles each way will mean you get back to a fully charged car w/o having had time to visit the arcade. I have a friend who used to drive up from Monterey, CA to play in tournaments at the museum. Aswome to have in my hometown.

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: Macbest
Rather than walk to the Pacific Pinball Museum on the other side of the island, go to High Scores up Park to visit an old school video game arcade, a good deal closer.

The pinball museum is still pretty awesome. Just not that short a trip.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916
Thanks for the update. I kept taking pics but hadn't posted in a while. I saw a guy in a Silver Model 3 checking out the progress, is that you?

Spoke to the lead who said they are basically done, waiting for inspection. The other guy I spoke to when they first put up the fence said they would open in December, so perhaps it could open this Saturday. Or any time this next month. It's been fun learning to ride my scooter over there every day.

-Randy

Thanks for the update. I kept taking pics but hadn't posted in a while. I saw a guy in a Silver Model 3 checking out the progress, is that you?

Spoke to the lead who said they are basically done, waiting for inspection. The other guy I spoke to when they first put up the fence said they would open in December, so perhaps it could open this Saturday. Or any time this next month. It's been fun learning to ride my scooter over there every day.

-Randy
Wasn't me. No Tesla for me yet. I was surprised there hadn't been new pics in awhile so after I checked out the USS Hornet Museum I took some pics when I went to dinner. This is a very nice shopping center. In fact Alameda Island seemed really nice. Great location.

And it was the only cheap Bay Area place to buy back when I moved here. The old military base closed in 1995 and those guys moved out and sold at a loss. Now if I can just get out before global warming raises the ocean level 6 feet...

-Randy

Oh, also:

They got the Tesla Parking Only sign poles in
IMG_5410.JPG

The replacement sidewalk is dry
IMG_5411.JPG

And the electrician was there working in the rain, I herd him on the phone complaining about the water levels in the vaults
IMG_5412.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
And it was the only cheap Bay Area place to buy back when I moved here. The old military base closed in 1995 and those guys moved out and sold at a loss. Now if I can just get out before global warming raises the ocean level 6 feet...

-Randy

Oh, also:

They got the Tesla Parking Only sign poles in
View attachment 356418
The replacement sidewalk is dry
View attachment 356419
And the electrician was there working in the rain, I herd him on the phone complaining about the water levels in the vaults
View attachment 356420

I finally got myself to create an account in a forum. The reason, just to Thank you all for posting about this new supercharger and of course, especially you Randy. My guess is that there is many other people who like the updates but that are as lazy as I am to create an account and thank everyone for taking their time to post.

Reactions: Ulmo and israndy
Thanks

Went by last night at the chargers are finally unwrapped, not that stations that you plug into, the actual chargers that the electrician was wiring up the last update. Just in time for our fortnight of rain after half a year w/o.

IMG_5430.JPG
IMG_5431.JPG

I really like my shadow on the leftmost charger

-Randy

Reactions: Acps110
Before anyone gets excited about those holes in the second picture potentially being for future expansion of the site, those are to accept the bollards which will protect the hardware from being hit by a car.

Just happened to be driving by when (um, no I mean I was walking, sure, ha. Why would I be driving just a block from my house?)
I noticed that the power company was there and swinging a big transformer in the air. Not sure if this is the one they had in there before, but there were some guys attaching wires to the one that was part of the station so it would make sense that something was wrong with the original one they brought out.

IMG_5485.JPG

They also got a few of the Tesla signs up. Looks like we will be fighting the ICE vehicles to get a space to charge, especially at xmas. Perhaps it's just every OTHER one that is a 30-minute spot for ICE cars, or perhaps just this one space, the other signs aren't up.
IMG_5486.JPG

The transformer at the end of the day. Looks the same right? I am not familiar enough with them to know what I am looking at.
IMG_5487.JPG

Next step landscaping!

-Randy

3DCB84D7-E6CB-4170-BA32-3457BC148EE4.png
Randy, really appreciate all your pics and documenting the progress here in Alameda. I’ve decided to take the plunge and get a model 3. Live in a condo complex and this will be really convenient for me since installing my own 240v charger will be difficult. I saw on the Tesla website that there is supposed to be a supercharger on Santa Clara Ave. Did they just place a pin there and mean to refer to south shore? It does say exact location may vary

Reactions: Pluto
They finally unwrapped the stanchions. Someone beat me to uploading photos, they are on the Supercharge.info app

I have yet to run into a worker in a while, but the next time I do I am going to ask when they think the ribbon cutting day is going to be.

-Randy