Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I thought I was done uploading pics of the Alameda Supercharger, but then someone just left a bottle of pee.

8A727709-C85D-40D3-8E56-9CBF7F9176B9.jpeg

Thx

• Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
Tried to get to the charger while you were still there Bruce, but I guess you posted after leaving. I did get a pic of the Food Truck Carouselambra. Closed right when I got there at 3 pm, but Yeah, if you are coming this way during the weekend, don't eat first.

Argh, sorry @Randy Spencer! I think I did one post while I was there, but then went back to Lafayette and did my next post from my desk. Too bad we missed seeing each other. Next time I'm heading that way, I'll PM you first. (My family was interested in the food trucks, if not the Supercharger.)

Bruce.

How long was the outage? We live on Alameda Proper and nothing needs to be reset. I checked the Alameda Supercharger this AM (thanks "LIKE" Ryan) and it was still going slow. I checked it again just now and it's charging at the full 93kW I have seen at every other Supercharger with this loaner.

Yay! We are officially open. Even this thread has been renamed!

Well, I guess the Tesla Supercharger site hasn't been updated, but that should happen in the AM. At least you can now route thru Alameda on their marketing "Go Anywhere" site.

Look forward to seeing you in Alameda, Bruce, and everyone else

-Randy

How long was the outage? We live on Alameda Proper and nothing needs to be reset. I checked the Alameda Supercharger this AM (thanks "LIKE" Ryan) and it was still going slow. I checked it again just now and it's charging at the full 93kW I have seen at every other Supercharger with this loaner.

Yay! We are officially open. Even this thread has been renamed!

Well, I guess the Tesla Supercharger site hasn't been updated, but that should happen in the AM. At least you can now route thru Alameda on their marketing "Go Anywhere" site.

Look forward to seeing you in Alameda, Bruce, and everyone else

-Randy

The outage was on and off last for ~30+ minutes... maybe just a section on Bay Farm Is.

Ok let’s start a new thread about Oakland! Anyone know where the proposed Oakland supercharging station is? I couldn’t find a thread on the site about it.
Umm...you don’t “start a new thread” by posting a new question in an existing thread.

To start a new thread use the “Create Thread” button shown on the upper right of this page California Supercharger locations

So far there is no thread specific to a Supercharger in Oakland because no one has found a permit or seen any signs of construction. It has been speculated about in this thread a number of times
Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

Thank you.

Just stopped by this morning. The Alameda Municipal Power guys were there. Tech update: The old Green Transformer that was hauled away was a "refurb" and they detected an oil leak. (The oil is used as an insulator inside the transformer). You should be able to see the oil on the concrete. So they replaced it with a new one (see pics earlier in the thread). The new transformer is in place, but apparently they didn't top off the oil properly, so they are performing a shutdown of the system and filling it up right now. They expected a short downtime (less than 30 minutes), so I had to unplug. He also said they hadn't actually lowered the tap on Sunday like they had planned, so they would be doing that as well. Apparently it is within acceptable range where it is, but Tesla is more comfortable if the power more closes matches the ideal power flow.

They also mentioned that tomorrow (Wednesday) is the official grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony. I hadn't heard of this. Does anyone have details as to what time they are doing this? He said it was the kind where the local politicians come out with the giant pair of scissors and photo op stuff.

Oakland Supercharger

Started a thread - looks like it was planned but maybe there will be some resourceful peeps that will add more info.
And you started that thread in the Model 3 forum. I’ve requested that a moderator move it to this forum, which is about California Superchargers. Note the title of this forum: “California Supercharger Locations”.

• Funny
Reactions: mblakele and Pluto
And you started that thread in the Model 3 forum. I’ve requested that a moderator move it to this forum, which is about California Superchargers. Note the title of this forum: “California Supercharger Locations”.
There are also 3 California supercharger threads on the front page of the "Charging Standards and Infrastructure - North America" forum. I didn't look past the first page. There may be more. Not sure if you are capable of moving them, but it would be appreciated.

North America