Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alamogordo, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding picture for redundancy

Attachments

• 1710768986885.png
    1710768986885.png
    487.5 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: electrons4u
This is nice. Hope the trend continues through eastern NM. It is one of the largest DC Fast Charge deserts out there. Took a trip to Ruidoso a year ago and had to go in the ICE car. The EV route was a huge detour over a more direct route. Ruidoso, Rosswell, Carlsbad and Artesia would all be good options for DCFC sites. Don't know what's happening with Clovis either, has been permitted forever. Wonder if that Supercharger fell through?

I lived in Alamogordo (Technically on Holloman AFB) in the late 90's early 2000's when my dad was active-duty Airforce, and he was stationed there. This might give me a reason to go back and visit the area eventually.

Reactions: IdaX and Cigar Man
Alamogordo, NM

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Lowe's Foods
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-54, US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-54

To: Santa Rosa, NM (v2) - 180.6 miles
Diversion: 1.7 miles
To: Tucumcari, NM (v2) - 236.6 miles

US-70

To: Clovis, NM - 229.9 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 1.4 miles
To: Plainview, TX - 314.8 miles

On US-54 and US-70. Also close to the start of US-82.
Filling in the SE New Mexico hole.

Finally, someone to rescue us from terrible Francis Energy! I really hope Tesla can put a Supercharger in Roswell that's closer in town. The DOT's CPE-250 site is very far on the west side of town with zero amenities.

Tesla should also install Superchargers in Carlsbad (for Carlsbad Caverns NP), Hobbs, Artesia, and Clovis.

Also really wish Tesla would ramp up their Destination Charger program now that we are all going to NACS/J3400... There are so many good hotels that lack charging in New Mexico ⚡🔌

There is a long list of NM sites in supercharge.info that have seen no action in over a year or were announced more recently but waiting on NM govt funding related to the Inflation Reduction Act (whatever it’s called).
Funding has already been allocated. A few of the NEVI funded Supercharger sites I covered in my Twitter thread had estimated completion dates this year (2024).

Lordsburg had this spring (quite optimistically this month, March 2024) and Wagon Mound had this October 2024.

NEVI was funded from the BIL (Bipartisan Infrastructure Law). The Inflation Reduction Act largely only altered EV tax credits and didn't give more funding for charging infrastructure.

In this year's New Mexico legislative session, the comprehensive tax package included both EV tax credits and a tax credit for commercial installations of DCFCs. So hopefully we should see more DCFCs in New Mexico...

Funding has already been allocated. A few of the NEVI funded Supercharger sites I covered in my Twitter thread had estimated completion dates this year (2024).

Lordsburg had this spring (quite optimistically this month, March 2024) and Wagon Mound had this October 2024.

NEVI was funded from the BIL (Bipartisan Infrastructure Law). The Inflation Reduction Act largely only altered EV tax credits and didn't give more funding for charging infrastructure.

In this year's New Mexico legislative session, the comprehensive tax package included both EV tax credits and a tax credit for commercial installations of DCFCs. So hopefully we should see more DCFCs in New Mexico...
Thank you, that was very informative.

There are several NM locations we could really use on our travels west. I could really use Roswell, and Chama would be a godsend allowing use to easily drive our preferred Route from Pecos TX to Durango CO.

We are heading west to AZ soon and that Lordsburg V3 supercharger sure would have been nice. A lot of I-10 V2 superchargers still on our route although there have been several key ones added recently: Las Cruces, East side of El Paso, Van Horn new V3 replacement, The Rim San Antonio. Ozona TX has completed installation of a new V3 to replace the old V2, everything completed for over a month but for some reason the power has not yet been turned on.

Last edited: