Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The really frustrating part is when you have travelled the supercharged highway as much as we have ( 15,000 miles in 5 months :) )
and can compare it to non supercharged travel ( Pittsburgh to Rochester, NY). The experience is so much better that it drives you nuts not to have those routes covered by SpCs!

So how can you explain that some superchargers go from start to finish in weeks and others are still stalled for over a year, other than a complex inefficient local politics-infested process?

I feel like you nailed it ... it's the politics of the varying jurisdictions/states/etc. If you notice some of the routes across the country's lack of superchargers (or even permits) there are key states that don't have anything and have recently passed anti tesla legislation. That's the extreme end. Then you just have red tape that varies from place to place (and the Northeast certainly can be challenging).

Hope it comes soon though!

Still nothing. Chargers are set to go along the row at the top. No equipment or machinery onsite. No marks on the ground either.

image.jpg

Does anyone happen to have updates on the construction progress here? Has it broke ground yet?

Nothing as of Monday. Will check again and update this morning.

Last edited:
Still nothing. Chargers are set to go along the row at the top. No equipment or machinery onsite. No marks on the ground either.

Nothing as of Monday. Will check again and update this morning.

EVSteve, thanks for taking the time to check.

- - - Updated - - -

With PPl involved I would wonder November of which year! (My parents used to live in Whitehall)

One of the factors in my choice of Winter tires was the non-availability of this site.

Without Whitehall, the forced detour through Hagerstown means driving through Maryland counties where studded tires are not permitted. I was unable to determine if visitors are granted a temporary exemption, so to avoid headaches I went with stud less tires.

Winter starts Dec 21st so technically they have over a month to deliver this fall.
Given that "Tesla Motors Inc. spokesman Will Nicholas said the station is slated to begin welcoming motorists at the end of November", they're going to have to hustle to prove him correct!

But it's been a week since our last spy mission (thanks, Steve!), so it's possible that things might have actually started by now...

Given that "Tesla Motors Inc. spokesman Will Nicholas said the station is slated to begin welcoming motorists at the end of November", they're going to have to hustle to prove him correct!

But it's been a week since our last spy mission (thanks, Steve!), so it's possible that things might have actually started by now...

As several have suggested, with Elon's interest in a manned landing on Mars and Space-X, all Tesla schedules have to be normalized by the ratio of the Mars year to the Earth Year. One Mars year is 687 Earth days, Orbit of Mars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

As a starting point scale time to completion for Tesla deadlines by 687/365 or increase by 88%. :eek:

Just checked yesterday morning. Still nothing. With all the trenching PP&L has to get done for interconnect I dont see this being completed before Christmas. As far as my guy who works for PP&L he says he doesn't have any information. Wish I had better news. I'll keep checking.

Riverbrick, I see you have twin chargers. You're more than welcome to use my HPWC as a shortcut.

Last edited: