Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@EVSteve - 248 vac under load? You sure know how to live the Tesla Life!! :cool:
--

Close! Just missing the most important part, a Model-S. All the other bases are covered. Being appx 1 mile from the nearest power substation has it's perks. That and the solar install forced PP&L to upgrade the pole transformer from a 10kVa to a 50kVa. Here's a recent data pull of the L1 & L2 values. Sorry for the image size, I'm out of the office right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 812
Close! Just missing the most important part, a Model-S. All the other bases are covered. Being appx 1 mile from the nearest power substation has it's perks. That and the solar install forced PP&L to upgrade the pole transformer from a 10kVa to a 50kVa. Here's a recent data pull of the L1 & L2 values. Sorry for the image size, I'm out of the office right now.

If you have solar that helps boost your voltage in the day. We have 10kw of solar on the ac side and that takes all the load off the transformer when the sun is shining. Solar inverters output a slightly higher voltage than the grid gives too. So if the grid is giving you 122 per leg your solar system will make it 123 or 124, and since there is no drop from the transformer you get the full power.

If they upgraded you to a 50kva, it sounds like you have a really sweet solar array.

Now that this is (hopefully) a done-deal, where else in eastern PA would we like a charging station?

Somewhere on I-476 would be nice, both down in Philadelphia and further up North. Also would love to see them start work on I-80 (Tannersville?).

A guy can dream, right? ;-)

Yeah it would be real nice to be able to drive from Pittsburgh and points west to Greater NYC and points east, without having to detour practically down to Baltimore via Hagerstown. C'mon Tesla, look at your own map. I-90, I-80 and I-76/78/81 need some serious gaps filled here out east.

@EVSteve - Thank you for making your station available on PlugShare!

I'm headed to Ithaca Fri Oct 3rd, returning Sat Oct 4th. Allentown Supercharger would make this easier, but if I can juice up at your place for an hour on the way back, then I should be able to leave the ICE at home!

The first trailer cometh?

@EVSteve - Thank you for making your station available on PlugShare!

I'm headed to Ithaca Fri Oct 3rd, returning Sat Oct 4th. Allentown Supercharger would make this easier, but if I can juice up at your place for an hour on the way back, then I should be able to leave the ICE at home!

Anytime. I installed the HPWC early for this exact reason. :smile:

Speaking of the Supercharger installation though I noticed a new trailer sitting approximately where the SC is expected to go. Similar in size to trailers that have typically popped up at other sites before the big stuff comes in. I will say that it's locked down and chocked so something valuable is in it. Pin lock, boot type lock on the wheel, chocks on both sides and a hefty padlock on the back door.

Update Edit: No dice, trailer has left, nothing new in area except a huge line of iPhone 6 buyers.

IMG_3499.JPG

Last edited:
I emailed ownership and got this response:

Thank you for contacting us at Tesla Motors technical support. In regards to the Whitehall, PA Supercharger it is still showing up as being in permit mode. From my understanding they're two permit modes, one is pre-construction and the other is post-construction, sometimes this process goes quickly, other times due to the city permit process they can take a long time. So I'm sorry to say I don't have any new details on this Supercharger station, I can tell you it's not being tested yet, I would be able to see that remotely.