Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very deceptive headline, since it is JCP that "unravelled" the plan, and Tesla has not "pulled the plug" but still is "charged" about building one in the area.
Cutesy headlines for the sake of cutesyness give me reader's rash.

Forget the title. How about getting basic facts and terminology correct.

"Drivers of the electric car who might make that roughly 350-mile round trip would need a place to juice up. The cars can be charged in any electrical outlet, but supercharger stations deliver 120 volts in 20 minutes, and it's free."

120 *miles* in 20 minutes is probably what she meant to say. And that figure would vary depending on the SOC when you plugged in. Nice article stressing the multiple property line considerations that must be accommodated in this location to lay new electric service cables. Luckily building most Superchargers is not this complicated!
--

As a Tesla owner who makes several trips across PA a year... Is there anything we can do to help this process? The number of supercharger being built in neighboring states to PA is mind blowing compared to the state of affairs in PA. We just need one around the Harrisburg area to be able to cut directly across the state without having to be detoured south through Hagerstown.

As a Tesla owner who makes several trips across PA a year... Is there anything we can do to help this process? The number of supercharger being built in neighboring states to PA is mind blowing compared to the state of affairs in PA. We just need one around the Harrisburg area to be able to cut directly across the state without having to be detoured south through Hagerstown.

+1 Harrisburg and Allentown really need to go up to make driving around the area possible.

I disagree, putting one in the Allentown area gets both the east west route of 78/22 and the north/south route of 476. Putting one in Tannersville only gets the east-west route of 80.

It gets the 81 and 476 north south routes to enable Binghamton to be a hub for central New York.

Once Harrisburg area is in, Allentown won't be necessary to make it to Edison.

There are a lot of folks who take 78 instead of 80 East to NY.

I agree, however Harrisburg to Edison is 150 miles. You could comfortably do 70mph in the winter in a s60 and make it.

IMO there are 4 key locations to get stations that will fill the gaping hole in PA and NY. Ranked in my feeling for importance.

Harrisburg area
Hazelton/Tannersville area
Binghamton NY.
Dubois PA

I agree, however Harrisburg to Edison is 150 miles. You could comfortably do 70mph in the winter in a s60 and make it.

IMO there are 4 key locations to get stations that will fill the gaping hole in PA and NY. Ranked in my feeling for importance.

Harrisburg area
Binghamton NY.
Dubois PA

Edison isn't exactly "on the way" to NYC if you're coming East on 78 without a detour (which will suck some miles).

4549069478.jpg

I picture Edison more for folks traveling N <--> S

Edison isn't exactly "on the way" to NYC if you're coming East on 78 without a detour (which will suck some miles).

View attachment 77963

I picture Edison more for folks traveling N <--> S

Heavy traffic though usually results in waze sending me through Edison even with out the Tesla.

Just some food for thought. All 5 of the locations would be wonderful. Wish we hd the same density that the west coast has ;)

Harrisburg area
Binghamton NY.
Dubois PA

Agreed, and I would add one in Hornell NY to connect Erie and Binghamton also, as well as travel up to Rochester.