Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just stopped by the garage to see what's going on. A few highlights:

• It's a long drive to the top, kind of tight, with lots of people walking
  • $6 for 1 hour of parking
  • There is some sort of grace period because it let me out for free. I only stayed for 5 minutes.
  • The site looks mostly complete... some materials left to clean up
  • No power to the Superchargers
View attachment 375584

A couple of notes:
  • There are two elevators there but they are often in disrepair. One was down for months and the others doors wouldn't easily shut
  • I don't believe the garages interconnect at the bottom level, but there is an exit to the market common street (other side of Fillmore)
  • Levels 4 and 5 have a lot of overflow inventory cars from local dealers, which makes the ramps tight
  • I've stayed 10 minutes and still been in the grace period
  • Some other local businesses may validate parking. Trial and error here may prove useful
  • Most of the stores are dog friendly and offer treats.
  • There is a park on 11th St. just behind Barnes and Noble which is a great place to walk dogs.
  • The container store has an entrance on level 1 and 3 (I believe) and they tend to have lax policies. I recalled them validating parking in the past.
  • There is a Washington Sports Club gym on the bottom level
  • There is a management office located by the Fillmore exit. It's occupied during regular business hours. The garage used to have attendants but recently went automated.
  • It's a colonial parking garage

So, to answer a few questions:
1. Yes, there is definitely a charge to park (I thought it was $5 for the first hour but maybe it is $6). I'll have to post a picture from the payment kiosk next time I go.
2. Container Store validates for 30 min and WF validates for 2 hours. There is a 15 min grace period (almost positive but will confirm with picture) after paying at the kiosk, so you theoretically have approx 45 min and 2.25 hrs respectively. Also, both validation machines are near the store exits so you don't even really need to shop there if you're in a hurry.
3. I can confirm that the garages do connect underneath. I've driven it before.
4. I even entered/exited on the Fillmore side and WF still validated my ticket. That may change in the future (though I don't see why it would) but it works for now. So the cost to access the chargers should be free if you don't mind walking a little bit.

So yes the garages do connect on the lowest level. I’ve lived here several years and never knew. There are more car dealer overflow inventory cars on the lower level as well. The grace period is only 10 minutes. We were just beyond that and had to pay the $6.00. Manager came out of the office and asked him how long it was and he said 10 minutes.

A6203598-8072-4A9C-8156-992258F70D0B.jpeg

Also there this afternoon and found not hooked up. Should enter the garage from the NORTH Clarendon street by crate and barrel. If you go into it on the Clarendon side (opposite wholefoods) it’s a maze to get to the top. If you buy anything at wholefoods you can validate your ticket and not pay for parking. Irritating bought a 2000 dollar sofa from pottery barn and had to pay for parking but a 6 dollar sandwich from Whole Foods makes it free

Snow? In Arlington, VA??? Wow, things sure have changed since I lived there as a kid.

Slush! That's what we used to get. And it would kick up into your wheel well and freeze for the whole winter. Worst of both worlds.

It may be more expensive to live in California (though that may have changed as well) but here we keep our snow away from our daily commutes, but if we want it, it's just a couple hours drive to all the snow you could want in the winter.

-Randy

Snow? In Arlington, VA??? Wow, things sure have changed since I lived there as a kid.

Slush! That's what we used to get. And it would kick up into your wheel well and freeze for the whole winter. Worst of both worlds.

It may be more expensive to live in California (though that may have changed as well) but here we keep our snow away from our daily commutes, but if we want it, it's just a couple hours drive to all the snow you could want in the winter.

-Randy

The snow didn’t stick around for long before rain turned it into white mud.

C4806A83-8EA5-4EA8-B86B-B1A8FD7FD5AD.jpeg

Yeah at this point I am not sure what the snag is, either! The obviously is no signage so maybe they still have to do all that in the garage? App also doesn't show anything so maybe that is a key metric? And there is still alot of material laying in the corner of the area so who knows what other small stuff is pending that doesn't meet the eye! Arrgh!

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC