Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a quick update, looks like they started wiring the stalls today.

0C15BC64-89D5-4E4E-B7C5-60592212E31D.jpeg

Hmm. That's different. Usually in garages this style of charging post is installed sitting on top of the conduit, not sitting in front of it. Or it has a special junction section that just looks like a base/pedestal. Guesses as to why the change: 1) To keep the posts from sticking up too much over the top of the wall behind them. 2) Helps the cables reach a bit farther out if people are having trouble reaching the charging ports without backing into the walls/barriers. 3) Simpler design reduces costs slightly.

Those cables are longer and attached closer to the charge port than the Highway Superchargers, shouldn't have issues reaching a car. I do love those Urban chargers but I have only seen them used the cool way at one location, the East Palo Alto station has them back to back so you can use either side to plug-in. My first visit the pedestal I parked at was dead, but the pedestal behind it was fine so I just grabbed it's cable and reported the other station to Tesla. There sure are a LOT of different ways Tesla uses to position a charger.

The only thing I don't like about the Urban units is the lack of a light to attract your attention when trying to find the chargers in a big lot.

-Randy

Reactions: davedavedave
Those cables are longer and attached closer to the charge port than the Highway Superchargers, shouldn't have issues reaching a car. I do love those Urban chargers but I have only seen them used the cool way at one location, the East Palo Alto station has them back to back so you can use either side to plug-in. My first visit the pedestal I parked at was dead, but the pedestal behind it was fine so I just grabbed it's cable and reported the other station to Tesla. There sure are a LOT of different ways Tesla uses to position a charger.

The only thing I don't like about the Urban units is the lack of a light to attract your attention when trying to find the chargers in a big lot.

-Randy

Agreed. I wish they'd make the red T light up on the urban units.

Looks like they put all 18 bays on P5....wish they put some on P4 as well for bad weather. Probably easier to wire all on the same level though!
Yeah, I agree. The weather shelter would have been nice, but at least you don't need to search two levels in case the first level is full.
Also, how do we update the details on the supercharge.info map? It says 16 stalls but the picture shows 18.

Reactions: Big Earl