Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Ashburn, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received confirmation that Tesla is opening a new 8 stall V3 supercharger location at the new Harris Teeter fuel station in Ashburn (Broadlands). The address is:

43300 Southern Walk Plaza Broadlands, South, Ashburn, VA 20148

link to article

Eight Tesla Superchargers coming to Ashburn - The Burn
Good find! I'd update Supercharge Info, but I'm on my phone so that's impossible at the moment.

Here's a photo of the location posted in the article (cited above) which is under construction.

If no one's updated this before 7:30, I'll take it on
IMG_8236-768x576.png

I have a lot more photos I can share later.

Other info:

4 of the stalls are general 30m parking, 4 are dedicated to Tesla only. One of the dedicated spots is handicapped.

The transformer and supercharger cabinets are installed, along with the circuit breaker and meter.

There are two plastic tubes coming off the back of the supercharger cabinets that are going towards the breaker but stop short of it with nothing installed in them yet. Seems to be the last step.

The big transformer is 750KVA, there appear to be two much smaller transformers located nearby but probably not related to the supercharger. So as we have seen with many other V3 sites, the transformer is going to be the limiting factor here when the site is full.

Was just there about 15 mins ago. The chargers seemed to have been completely but not working. Feb15,2020 around 3 pm. Just be aware that there are no signs indicating that it is not complete. The giveaway is that the charge port does not open upon ringing the charge cable close to the port and the button being pressed. And I tried opening the charge port and inserting the cable into the car ; waited for a minute and it was not charging. Anyways just want everyone to be aware.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson