Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Atascadero, CA - 900 El Camino Real (under construction Jun 2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed on the Find Us page that Tesla is planning on opening another supercharger in Atascadero in Q2 2023.

My suspicion is that this is going to be at the Home Depot. This is the only location I've seen in town with active charging infrastructure being added.

Nothing Tesla branded yet, but pictures clearly suggest DCFC.

Attachments

• 20230202_184630.jpg
    20230202_184630.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 20230202_184633.jpg
    20230202_184633.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: goldengate
Head scratcher. Wouldn't it be better to put it near the Starbucks across the street instead of near a hotel? I guess that hotel does have a restaurant but Starbucks is a better stop for 250 kW charging than a sit-down restaurant.

Head scratcher. Wouldn't it be better to put it near the Starbucks across the street instead of near a hotel? I guess that hotel does have a restaurant but Starbucks is a better stop for 250 kW charging than a sit-down restaurant.
There are some odd locations getting chargers lately on the 101 lol. San Ardo, this one and the 2nd Paso Robles charger is going to be at Cool Hand Lukes

No assumption considering the permit is out for corrections and hasn't been approved. Tesla (or their contractors) wouldn't dig under blacktop to run conduit without approval.

There are no obvious permits for that work in the home depot parking lot.
Following up on this, I was actually back at the Home Depot today and it looks like the charging they are adding is just for their own equipment fleet. The fencing is down, lines are painted, and all they did was put up a 120V outlet in front of each spot with a sign saying "Spot reserved for Home Depot Equipment Rentals."

Glad to know I wasn't too far off with the address at least but I still would have preferred to see this somewhere like the Food4Less parking lot which has a ton of space and access to multiple businesses and food options.