Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - Frontage Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went there today and its still not open:

1636239987676.png

From Tesla Owner Group.

12 Southpark Meadows Superchargers and ChargePoint Charges are live along Cullen Lane, between JOANN and Target stores. There is a winding walkway from chargers to Target.

Tesla address on a supercharger cabinet shows 9500 S. I-35 Frontage Road, Austin, TX 78748

Note: CapMetro buses park along west bound Turk Lane between southbound I-35 frontage road and Cullen Lane.

Note: The shopping center has many speed bumps.

No Pull-Thru stalls in the land of CyberTruck?

I don't understand why Tesla (seemingly) isn't planning ahead for a huge increase in towing capacity at SuperChargers?
Because there simply won't be a "huge" increase since the vast majority of truck drivers and people in general do not tow. Now that doesn't mean Tesla shouldn't have any pull-thru or head-in chargers since Tesla already has some, but in the end Tesla is focusing (at least right now) on their bread and butter which is Model 3 and Model Y and not the Cybertruck.

New Years Day 2023. Location is in the Target parking lot. Best bet from Interstate 35 southbound is to exit Slaughter Lane, stay on frontage, through Slaughter Lane intersection, right on TURK Lane.

Otherwise, if you exit Slaughter Lane South (next southbound exit) you avoid the Slaughter traffic, but have to work your way back around thorough a lot of parking lots.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Informative
Reactions: Electroman