Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - Frontage Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new "Coming Soon" pin popped up on Tesla's Find Us map on the corner of William Cannon and I-35. I wonder if this is more "real" than our Downtown Austin supercharger. Hopefully its a full supercharger, not an urban one, and can take some of the stress off the north Austin charger

Find Us | Tesla

I wouldn't read into the pin's location. The "coming soon" pins have always been placed on a label on the map, not the intended location. In this case, there's not a label that can be distinguished so I'm not sure what's going on.

Reactions: brkaus
I met a person connected to Tesla (his wife works for them) at the Linc Super Charger late last summer. He mentioned that a new site was being planned south of the river (he wouldn't tell me exactly where), but that it would be closer to downtown than the Linc site (which is about 5 miles north of downtown). That would imply a south location that it's at least north of Ben White, I would think.

... in the meantime I would have to drive 3 hours out of my way to get to Santa Fe because there is nothing in Brownwood or Lubbock.

Lubbock's omission is glaring at this point... of all the major geographic voids within the lower 48 it stands out as the only one that has a significant population center (~260K) w/ a major university smack in the middle of it.

It’s under construction (ground still dug up) but looks like it will be a good number of stalls.
95331E6F-1C75-4610-832F-F5FEFFA2B1E1.jpeg