Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA (LIVE / EXPANDED 40 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed through on Sunday morning at about 7-730am and traffic was more than what would normally be there at that time, but it wasn't stop and go at all from primm to the cajon pass. I was the only Tesla there, and the only one at Yermo.
Sorry (not sorry) I didn't drive through in traffic to report how bad it was this year ;)

Reactions: Vern Padgett
I'm here now, i didn't expect it to work and it doesn't. The meter is missing. There are 5 powerpacks at 174kw each. Here's a pics.View attachment 261417

I'm a little bit late, but here's an undistorted version of that label as best as I could get using Office Lens. Not terribly readable, but maybe somebody can glean something new from it.

12_2_17 2_23 AM Office Lens.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Very windy on Sunday driving back so stopped at this location. Only one other car there...a Model 3!! He was a Tesla employee. Easy on and off, there was no traffic...As for food and bathrooms...it is really not good. Bring your own and hold your nose in the restroom. Restrooms are heavily used, it looks like there is regular cleaning but can not keep up with the load...everything is wet, floors and counters and smells. The fence, payphone!@!@, and graffiti add to the ambiance. Can't wait for Yermo to open it's store and bathrooms.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
My brother in law came to our house over Christmas. He has worked for Southern California Edison as a foreman/crew leader pulling underground cable for decades. He was assigned the task to provide power to the Baker supercharger. I do not push "Tesla" on the extended family, but I am glad to talk when they are interested. He said the service they provided is equivalent to (2) 2000 amp. 480 volt services. Just imagine the monthly electric bill. He was quite excited because when the installation was complete he sent the crew home to Ontario and went over the installation with the Tesla representative. The Tesla representative then let him drive his model S. He was blown away with the experience and what he learned about Tesla. Of course he was excited about Autopilot and the great acceleration.

My brother in law came to our house over Christmas. He has worked for Southern California Edison as a foreman/crew leader pulling underground cable for decades. He was assigned the task to provide power to the Baker supercharger. I do not push "Tesla" on the extended family, but I am glad to talk when they are interested. He said the service they provided is equivalent to (2) 2000 amp. 480 volt services. Just imagine the monthly electric bill. He was quite excited because when the installation was complete he sent the crew home to Ontario and went over the installation with the Tesla representative. The Tesla representative then let him drive his model S. He was blown away with the experience and what he learned about Tesla. Of course he was excited about Autopilot and the great acceleration.
Great story. Do you think your brother in law will buy a Tesla of his own some day ?

Quick Question, Does Baker Supercharger have a lounge like Kettleman City? If so is it open?

Driving up to Vegas Monday for CES, trying to figure out where to charge. Will just go to Barstow or Yermo if no lounge, though might be more chance of snagging a quicker charge if I stop at Baker.

Thoughts?

I think @cpa has been given his just dessert... ;)

@spentan as far as I know the Kettleman City Supercharger lounge is unique, for now.

I hope Baker gets such a lounge in the future. What is available for food next to the Baker Supercharger location leaves a lot to be desired.

Good one! Fan, if you are interested, and doubtless you are o_O, the phrase "he got his just deserts," is properly spelled with one "s." Even though it is pronounced like "dessert," the word, "desert," [noun] is an old usage that is derived from deserve, or deserving.

At one time it was a complimentary usage, typically a reward for doing something noble or heroic. But it lapsed into the pejorative sense over the centuries.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread commentary.

Last edited:
From the 18Q4 ER report:
we opened several large Supercharger stations along our most popular corridors, including between Los Angeles and San Francisco and between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, both of which have a customer lounge, a café, a display of our energy products and 40 charging stalls.

Did I miss the lounge, café, and energy product display going in to Baker, or is that all in DQ? ;)