Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA (LIVE / EXPANDED 40 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the photos. I do not see how that site can be “open” (as in operational and people using it to charge) in 2 days since it is currently bare dirt except for immediately around the charging pedestals. That would mean it would have be completely paved today (Tuesday) and then ready for vehicles to drive on the paving the next day, Wednesday. Is that possible?
Are you sure about that? I am now a bit confused. It looks all paved to me in those latest pics. I see some variation in pavements from new to old, and dirt only in the background.

Reactions: pkodali and MP3Mike
With sites closer to Vegas, travelers can charge up there, visit Vegas and run around the city, and have enough range to make it back to the SuperCharger. No need to charge up in the city.

I was in Vegas last weekend, traveling from San Diego. Lots of spaces open at all the Superchargers along the way.

Charged up in Barstow while having lunch at Chillys.

Used both of the Superchargers in Las Vegas, as I made a side trip out to the Valley of fire and went to the air show at Nellis Airbase.

The Northern charger is in a scruffy part of town, located in a ground floor parking garage. Saw one local guy drop off his car, take his bicycle out of the hatch, and ride away. Car was still there, and plugged in when I left.
The Southern one is in a much nicer part of town, in a higher end shopping center with lots of stores and restaurants to visit while charging. I was the only one charging there the whole time.

Vegas is going to be well served with charging options. Think Eddie's World is going to be a hit with the families making the trip.

Thanks for the photos. I do not see how that site can be “open” (as in operational and people using it to charge) in 2 days since it is currently bare dirt except for immediately around the charging pedestals. That would mean it would have be completely paved today (Tuesday) and then ready for vehicles to drive on the paving the next day, Wednesday. Is that possible?

The new pavement is adjacent to the old pavement, at the front and along the whole right side.

This is looking at it from the right side:
P_20171112_112336.jpg

It's definitely close timing.

I was on one school rehabilitation project when we were still working on it Saturday and Sunday before the school opened Monday for class. Less than a week before it reopening, I was helping them swing parking lot lamps onto their footings. The parking lot got paved the next day. Things definitely move fast when crunch is in and management is planning for it. I'm not going to swear that everything is on time.

It’s been updated to active on the tesla supercharger page.
Just checked the car navigation and it doesn’t show up.
The Tesla website “Find Us” page shows it as a gray icon (not operational). See Find Us | Tesla

EDIT: but when I tap on the gray icon the window that opens shows it is operational. Confusing! Here is what I see.

1E98519E-C076-4C02-893C-702BAD1DCEAC.png

22D1E9DC-92BE-4A5F-9B19-0A3B33427533.png

The icon appears red on my map.
Baker Map.jpg Baker Info.jpg

This revolutionizes travel from Downtown LA to the Las Vegas Strip at 180 miles between charges if you park the Tesla in Las Vegas. Sounds good, but the mountain passes are going to rob the battery of range. Plan ahead and remember the wind direction and temperature.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Okay, good to know.

Somebody needs to actually charge at this site and report in! :D

I'll check this out immediately! Party in Baker! Anyone want to lend me a Model X 100D to expedite the photos?

I promise not to:
1) drip the Dairy Queen soft serve on the seats
2) leave any leftover Alien Fresh Jerky bags either
2a) Definitely avoid the Colon Cleanser variety of the jerky

RT

Notice how the restrooms are listed as being at the Ultra Gas & Mart, not the DQ. Somebody quick please report on the quality of Ultra's facilities (especially if I am going to visit Alien Fresh)!

As a matter of courtesy, I always try to give a little business (instead of just doing my business ;)) to the establishment that provides restrooms, whether that be buying a meal, beverage or just a small snack.

Reactions: dhanson865