Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barrie, ON (2nd site on Bayfield St)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barrie mayor just tweeted so it’s live.
Jeff Lehman on Twitter
IMG_6771.JPG

Anyone have any additional insight as to why a second Barrie location was opened rather than just expanding the first? Does this mean that the original Barrie site will be shut down?

And the opening of this site surely makes Barrie the SuperCharging capital of Canada with two locations with 28 SCs in one small Ontario city when six of Canada's provinces don't even have a single SC. The whole province of Ontario currently has about 128 SCs - with 28 of them located here in Barrie.

Maybe it's to facilitate trips to Muskoka on a Friday. I have seen A LOT of people Supercharging at Barrie1 site. Barrie2 will make it much easier to travel. Btw, it should be 6 provinces and 3 territories without Superchargers, maybe we'll see Superchargers in NWT, there are 3 Teslas there why not?

Actually for my purposes the second Barrie Supercharger site is much better. I general drive west from Barrie (or east to Barrie) and it is much better suited for that purpose. And that would include all the people driving up the 400 then taking Route 26 to and from Collingwood and the Blue Mountain skiing areas in the winter.

Reactions: Falkirk
Actually for my purposes the second Barrie Supercharger site is much better. I general drive west from Barrie (or east to Barrie) and it is much better suited for that purpose. And that would include all the people driving up the 400 then taking Route 26 to and from Collingwood and the Blue Mountain skiing areas in the winter.

If we could charge at Blue we'd be cooking with gas, oh, electricity.

Anyone have any additional insight as to why a second Barrie location was opened rather than just expanding the first? Does this mean that the original Barrie site will be shut down?

Actually for my purposes the second Barrie Supercharger site is much better.

As far as I'm concerned, they can shut down the original site because I'll probably never use it again. It is a little closer to the 400, but is in a terrible location at that mall. It is a very long walk to any decent restaurant and still a long walk to the fast food places. Probably the worst place they could have sited it at that mall.

The new Barrie North site is very handy to a number of sit-down and fast food restaurants very close by.

The first one in Canada too
Ok- I haven't followed the Quebec threads too closely but I thought that some of the recent builds in Quebec may have been 20 units.

This was an unusual site in several ways. It is only a couple of kms from an existing site and, like Ottawa- Rideau, it was pretty much fully constructed before anyone noticed it - although it took a while to get activated.

As far as I'm concerned, they can shut down the original site because I'll probably never use it again. It is a little closer to the 400, but is in a terrible location at that mall. It is a very long walk to any decent restaurant and still a long walk to the fast food places. Probably the worst place they could have sited it at that mall.

The new Barrie North site is very handy to a number of sit-down and fast food restaurants very close by.
I like that it will likely not get iced. There is food within a few minutes walk, and nicer restaurants within 10 minute walk. In a few years when FSD is working, the car will drop you at your restaurant of choice and go charge itself, then pick you up. It's a great location for that, and could be expanded.

I like that it will likely not get iced. There is food within a few minutes walk, and nicer restaurants within 10 minute walk. In a few years when FSD is working, the car will drop you at your restaurant of choice and go charge itself, then pick you up. It's a great location for that, and could be expanded.
I would bet that this will never happen in the current generation of Tesla cars. Certainly not with the current SuperChargers.

In a few years when FSD is working? Ha! Ha! Ha!
Full FSD is at least 10 years away! Technically it could work but ethically, morally, and regulatorily speaking, it will be years before any government allows this in full mode. All the cars on the road will have to have it and therein lies the problem for now. Your current car will be obsolete by then.

Reactions: TrevTremaine