Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baton Rouge, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea charged twice. Total trip time to nola took 8 hours because of ridiculous traffic leaving Houston Friday.

Sunday total trip time was a lot better, left Nola at 330 and arrived in Houston around 930. Total charging time was about 1 hour. 30 min each. I had a decent buffer so i can sustain the 80 plus speed :).

Yea charged twice. Total trip time to nola took 8 hours because of ridiculous traffic leaving Houston Friday.

Sunday total trip time was a lot better, left Nola at 330 and arrived in Houston around 930. Total charging time was about 1 hour. 30 min each. I had a decent buffer so i can sustain the 80 plus speed :).

The good news is that you made it out of New Orleans alive. :)

I missed you by about an hour at the Baton Rouge Supercharger - I left there about 3:15.

Do you drive a red P85? I saw one with a Texas plate yesterday at the BR charger, I was there for about 20-30 minutes.

It's back.....

January 23 - March 9, 2015 165.JPG
January 23 - March 9, 2015 161.JPG
(I don't know why the trim looks wavy/disorted here, it does not in my original photo)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
So, Tesla Nick and Tesla Sam were doing scheduled (and unscheduled) seat belt inspections at the Baton Rouge Supercharger yesterday. Definitely the most Model Ss I've seen at the SpC at one time...

20151204_185028256_iOS.jpg

Black (far left is mine), grey, blue, red & white. It was like a little mini-meetup.

Mike

Here's to hoping that no one was traveling through Baton Rouge in the last couple of days or the next couple of days. Terrible flooding situation going on there.

I'm seeing reports that Interstate 10 is closed near Baton Rouge (Siegen Lane and Bluebonnet Rd areas) with water over the road and I-12 is closed at Denham Springs and near I-55 with water over the road.

Historic flooding levels not seen before in recorded history. I have seen a picture of Acadian Thruway (the exit to the Supercharger coming from the East) yesterday and it was severely flooded where it dips under the RR tracks right after you get off the interstate.

Good luck to all our Baton Rouge friends...

Mike

EDIT: I-12 is now closed from Baton Rouge to Covington, LA (62 miles) due to flooding and water on the interstate. Reports are that State Troopers are telling stranded motorists to prepare to spend the night in their vehicles.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Here's to hoping that no one was traveling through Baton Rouge in the last couple of days or the next couple of days. Terrible flooding situation going on there.

I'm seeing reports that Interstate 10 is closed near Baton Rouge (Siegen Lane and Bluebonnet Rd areas) with water over the road and I-12 is closed at Denham Springs and near I-55 with water over the road.

Historic flooding levels not seen before in recorded history. I have seen a picture of Acadian Thruway (the exit to the Supercharger coming from the East) yesterday and it was severely flooded where it dips under the RR tracks right after you get off the interstate.

Good luck to all our Baton Rouge friends...

Mike

EDIT: I-12 is now closed from Baton Rouge to Covington, LA (62 miles) due to flooding and water on the interstate. Reports are that State Troopers are telling stranded motorists to prepare to spend the night in their vehicles.

I went through LA on Thursday. I was in heavy rain from Montgomery, AL to Baton Rouge. I left the Baton Rouge SC around 4 PM. I also used the SC in Lake Charles. It wasn't raining there, but 2 SC stalls were iced with pickup trucks. I remember charging in Lake Charles when you were charging there.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Here's a video of the path to the Baton Rouge LA supercharger. Note, one of the people I met charging here said he made a wrong turn and it put him back on the interstate, so be careful to turn into the parking lot and not on the road that goes back to the interstate!

Here is the electric car song, if you haven't heard it:

You can take the Acadian exit and not have to wait at that light and turn right into the shopping center. You can also see the supercharger from the interstate after passing that Perkins exit, I always peek. I'm not sure if either way would work right now since Perkins and Acadian are both closed in that area.

Reactions: gnelson
This is quite sad, and it seems like this will be a repeating theme. I-10 is less than reliable for supercharger travel (I-12 here as well). through east Texas and Louisiana.

It just dawned on me that (without Monroe) last month, I would have been stuck traveling back from Florida if this occurred. Sure, I could have made it a destination charge at some locale near Monroe ... but, still a tough pill to swallow.

Reactions: bollar