Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bismarck, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thursday 7pm update.

Steady as she goes. No indications of start of work.

I could be obsessive o_O about it and post daily... But I'm probably going to back off and only report when I see a change :D
Just talked to the crew working in Dickinson. They do not say who they are working for. Not supposed to say but they are from Kentucky and will work through the weekend. They are working their way East from here on their way home.

Exciting stuff! Hopefully they are complete before snow starts falling and we get pushed into 2020.

Don't get excited by this part of construction. Tesla's getting all the construction work done for a lot of Superchargers, but very few are getting the final wiring and commissioning.

The construction is fixed cost, but operational Superchargers have ongoing costs. I shouldn't be surprised if they are delaying commissioning to control costs.

So, I have some family stuff that's going to require me to be out of town for the next week. I won't be able to provide any updates until Saturday the 14th at the earliest.

In the mean time here's a rain affected status update. Some equipment and materials are on site. Caution tape was placed to mark stuff off, but wind or humans have relocated most of that.

I'm guessing they might start actual work on Monday (Sept 9th) after a perimeter fence is in place.

PANO_20190907_125439.vr.jpg

Someone is sure excited-I just checked Plugshare, and it's already listed as being open!

Ha ha. Obviously someone shouldn't have added it since it isn't open. Also, PlugShare has a direct feed from Tesla so you can't manually add a legit 'Supercharger' location (this one is listed as a Tesla HPWC location) and I wouldn't be surprised if PlugShare removes it once they notice it. I reported the inaccuracy to PlugShare.

Ha ha. Obviously someone shouldn't have added it since it isn't open. Also, PlugShare has a direct feed from Tesla so you can't manually add a legit 'Supercharger' location (this one is listed as a Tesla HPWC location) and I wouldn't be surprised if PlugShare removes it once they notice it. I reported the inaccuracy to PlugShare.

I wonder about the timeliness of PlugShare and Superchargers.

The Superchargers at Incline Village and Placerville have been open about three to four weeks, and still there are no pins on my PlugShare phone map.

If we are to rely upon this phone app, the operators/owners of the app need to be more responsive and active in keeping their data current.

Superchargers are not found in PlugShare, it's just there for completeness. If you are looking to Supercharge just look at your center display. When I want to give feedback to a Supercharger site I use the Supercharge.info app or TezLab

So im new here but have been following this post and others around the area since we got our m3 in June. I've been obsessively driving by the site when i can. I was waiting to see a update here but havent yet and go excited and created an account. Drove by today and it's all fenced off, semi trailer, equipment was in use, trees removed! Sorry no pics. Went on our first long road trip last weekend. Bismarck to Eagan MN. Sucks to say but it was the only time I slightly didn't like my car. Can't wait for superchargers on 94!

Superchargers are not found in PlugShare, it's just there for completeness. If you are looking to Supercharge just look at your center display. When I want to give feedback to a Supercharger site I use the Supercharge.info app or TezLab

Randy, my knuckles don't scrape the ground when I walk, and I still have all my teeth.

Tell me, right now, from your car garaged in Alameda, how you can plan a trip to a distant location from your center display and take in all the possibilities and personal detours and roads less traveled? I have yet to figure this out. Hence, I use PlugShare as a companion to EVTripplanner. If Superchargers are listed only as a courtesy for completeness as you say, then it is a tool with questionable veracity. Their Q-and-A section is silent as to its commitment to accuracy, only stating, "...provides the most accurate and complete public charging map worldwide, with stations from every major network in North America and Europe." Their use of the superlative implies that competing maps are inferior, which is a very low bar today.

Indeed, if what you say is correct, then PlugShare needs to disclose this information clearly to all its users. PlugShare needs to explain what they do, how they do it, and then have a very clear and concise disclaimer that is not buried in the 150,000-word legalese end-user agreement or somewhere else. Maybe this is self-evident to you. But it is not self-evident to everyone.

Randy, my knuckles don't scrape the ground when I walk, and I still have all my teeth.

Tell me, right now, from your car garaged in Alameda, how you can plan a trip to a distant location from your center display and take in all the possibilities and personal detours and roads less traveled? I have yet to figure this out. Hence, I use PlugShare as a companion to EVTripplanner. If Superchargers are listed only as a courtesy for completeness as you say, then it is a tool with questionable veracity. Their Q-and-A section is silent as to its commitment to accuracy, only stating, "...provides the most accurate and complete public charging map worldwide, with stations from every major network in North America and Europe." Their use of the superlative implies that competing maps are inferior, which is a very low bar today.

Indeed, if what you say is correct, then PlugShare needs to disclose this information clearly to all its users. PlugShare needs to explain what they do, how they do it, and then have a very clear and concise disclaimer that is not buried in the 150,000-word legalese end-user agreement or somewhere else. Maybe this is self-evident to you. But it is not self-evident to everyone.

I use A Better Routeplanner for my route planning outside of the car. I use PlugShare as backup and to verify the usefulness of a charging stop when they're not Superchargers.

Construction has started. They moved pretty quick, already have the pedestals on the north side of the parking lot in place!
Thanks for the pics! FYI they don't bite, you can go right up to the fence for pics and give them a hard time for not being completed in the first 48 hours. :D Then tell them that was from Brian. They will laugh and ask why you didn't bring coffee/snacks/beer/pizza...