Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blacksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted
Heading down to VT mid August and still think my only L3 option in town will be rhe EVGO at 30kw
That’s like L2 80 amp at home
(all rhe apps state only L2s at very low kw)

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst packed: UMC, J1772, CCS adapter, and extension cord
Rather not use any of the above
Checking, no same result, nearest TSC is Salem, VA
Come on Tesla, are you kidding me?!?
1690893323426.png

I voted
Heading down to VT mid August and still think my only L3 option in town will be rhe EVGO at 30kw

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst packed: UMC, J1772, CCS adapter, and extension cord
View attachment 961360
Knowing the Town of Blacksburg, I wouldn’t put the delay on Tesla… now if they put the supercharger up with student housing projects, they might have been done 3 years ago… I wonder what the hold up was. They had the permits a while ago.

I've used Campus Automotive's (1208 North Main Street) L2 charging stations and they work great. Easy walk to campus and downtown Blacksburg. If there is a non-EV parked there just talk to the Owner, since it is likely one of their customer cars. At closing he makes sure there are no customer cars parked there.
I know these guys and very good mechanics.
What is the KW speed for their L2?
Latest view from Plug Share, still bad
1691421930689.png

Just that L3 30kw at EVGO
Barely able to 30-50% charge up in a reasonable amount of time

Come on Blacksburg, “just do it”

I know these guys and very good mechanics.
What is the KW speed for their L2?
Latest view from Plug Share, still bad
View attachment 962973
Just that L3 30kw at EVGO
Barely able to 30-50% charge up in a reasonable amount of time

Come on Blacksburg, “just do it”
It worked as well as I needed it to! Plugged my car in and walked by to Alumni events and dinner. Came back 6 or so hours later and it was 90% charged (which is what I set it at)!

Couple of details on Campus Automotive EV charging:
There are two spots
It’s free
They don’t have a clue on the voltage, speed or connector

Can someone confirm it’s J1772?
It is a J1772-I’ve charged their before. And just to be sure-the Owner of Campus Automotive is super supportive of EVs. If you meant the Owner when you said “…they don’t have a clue…”, I would be careful of statements like that when the Owner provides L2 chargers and spaces for free.

It is a J1772-I’ve charged their before. And just to be sure-the Owner of Campus Automotive is super supportive of EVs. If you meant the Owner when you said “…they don’t have a clue…”, I would be careful of statements like that when the Owner provides L2 chargers and spaces for free.
No offense planned to give
My bad, meant reception nor the shop guys knew anything about it
I asked what connector, no idea
But like I intro’ed with great mechanics, they’ve rebuild one of my ices for almost $4K
The phone answering person should have a cheat sheet
I’ll go see next week

I voted

No voting needed. It's already happening. Just waiting for the Sheetz to be built.

Yes, better late than never. Just amazing how such stature of an engineering school area, could miss tech so bad.
Lets go VT, there are a lot of Teslas driving in that area....looking to charge.
As stated, best there is 30kw L3 CCS EVGO...like a sloth.

There are Supercharger posts at the Sheetz today. I can't read the label on the posts but the Cabinet appear to be V3 cabinet (1450758-00-H). Based on another post of Knightdale, NC it looks like this is also a V3 when comparing the part number look to the clear pictures on that one.

PXL_20231104_201223492.RAW-01.MP.COVER - Copy (2).jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231104_201209408.RAW-01.MP.COVER - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20231104_201209408.RAW-01.MP.COVER - Copy.jpg
    815.1 KB · Views: 28
The supercharger is multiple parts:
The cabling and cabinet end, Tesla is busy installing those, as v4 and some with magic dock
And the backend which seems to onlybe v3 even when new
That is the config of this wave of new installs and updates , V4 look and V3 power of 250 kw

The next wave will be to update the backend to matching v4 so that higher voltage EVs can be charged. These are Lucid, Hyundai and others

Kyle does a good job explaining

Reactions: Tyl