Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blacksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I was reminded how much I'm looking forward to this location. Not that this drive is bad, but this location will change this from a two Supercharger stop to one. I'm only 170 miles away from Blacksburg but I have to stop early to charge at Mt Airy (~50%) to make sure I can get up the mountain and back down. This location is going to be great! Although they probably could have chosen Christiansburg and served a lot more folks getting Blacksburg traffic and anyone on I-81.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    977.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 78
Yesterday I was reminded how much I'm looking forward to this location. Not that this drive is bad, but this location will change this from a two Supercharger stop to one. I'm only 170 miles away from Blacksburg but I have to stop early to charge at Mt Airy (~50%) to make sure I can get up the mountain and back down. This location is going to be great! Although they probably could have chosen Christiansburg and served a lot more folks getting Blacksburg traffic and anyone on I-81.
I agree Christiansburg def makes more sense being so close to 81, but I will be selfish as my stays are in Blacksburg and that makes it even easier for me.
I’m expecting V4 front end with V3 backend therefore 250 KW. I guess maybe magicdock.
Is Salem magicdock?

Compared to the V4 posts here
Supercharger - Wilsonville, OR (LIVE 17 Nov 2023, 8 V4 stalls) it appears to be the same precast base. Aren’t the V3 precasts ovular?
That was my understanding too based on this post.

This is awesome, I have 170 acre farm right off 81/211 in Shawsville and was concerned that the CT wouldn't make it doing 80 on 81 without stopping along the way.
when do you take delivery of the CT? Ill be in Blacksburg in May and would be great to see it with a new owner. I have seen it twice in person so far and its amazing. Completely different experience in person vs photos.

when do you take delivery of the CT? Ill be in Blacksburg in May and would be great to see it with a new owner. I have seen it twice in person so far and its amazing. Completely different experience in person vs photos.
At this point probably in 2025, I am not paying for the $20K upcharge for the TM Founders Edition.... I had two reserved, but dumped one, holding the second reservation...

Reactions: Anthony R.
Guys
My daughter with a M3 arrived in Blacksburg today at 80% SoC from Salem
She bounces around town for her work
My est is approx rhe month on that charge
Then the options for charging at the end of the month:
Campus Auto, L2 free 24x7, you guys are the best
Kroger L2, see in plug share they might be broken
EVGO L3, are they kidding me 50KW??
And when I used it I had to call to get it charge
Maybe the ChargePoint on the VT campus

Otherwise looking forward to Sheetz Blacksburg and 250Kwh mid Feb
This will become the number 1 charger in Blacksburg

I just asked my daughter for the latest construction photos from Sheetz
I’ll post soon

Btw, our new T came with free L3 charging

Blacksburg VA update
Waiting on the new Sheetz/Tesla Supercharger scheduled “mid Feb”
Wonder if it will only be gen 3/250, magic docks?
Unknown at this time

Report that the amazing owner at CampUs Auto provides 2 parking spots with J1772 L2 charging
30 amps
Thank you very much

Think this weekend we will try EVGO L3 again, but last year we had to call to get it started and it only provided a rate of 30 kW
Barely L3

If Tesla completely opens up this supercharger to non Teslas, it will become a waiting nightmare out of the gate

Blacksburg needs a second real 250/350 kw L3 charging location

Blacksburg is completely underserved