Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blaine, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Transformer is in. Could not see if the meter was on.

View attachment 950433
The Meter is installed! It can be seen in a previous photo.

8A59DC44-D6AF-461F-A56A-6DA420FA6178.jpeg

I did a drive by and stop yesterday. Saw some interesting info. Sounds like the dispensers are in operation with noises coming out of one or more of them, looked like lights on at top(will have to stop by at night). But oddly the electrical meter is moving. initially thought maybe soak testing for a period of time. but who knows, hopefully this week.
Stuff left to do.
Lanes lines ? (aren't these on the blueprints)
No labeling of chargers
Fence removal

Went by the Northtown Supercharger site and the parking space lines are there, the stations are live in so much as they are lit at night. Anytime now....View attachment 954928View attachment 954929
That almost certainly means they are available to charge as soon as the fencing comes down. I've never seen Tesla energize the stalls while the fencing was still up. Odd.

Reactions: Cyberjr
Drove by this afternoon. The fence has been removed and the chargers looked to be on as I heard the fans running. Tried charging but it just said, "Starting to Charge," for ~30 seconds, then said, "Stopped Charging." Tried multiple stalls with the same issue on each.
It's rare to have the lights lit but unable to charge. Thanks for checking. The wait continues.

Reactions: Cyberjr
Sitting here at the Northtown Superchargers (9:30AM CDT, Tuesday July 11, 2023), tried to charge but as TheFlyer experienced, it says "Charging Started" for 30 seconds the "Charging Stopped"
I stopped there as well around 2:30 Pm and same story. I can here them running. But dont show up in car, also the meter is still on 0000000. Can't be long though.

Do you guys know why they didn’t put this SC in a Target parking lot like many of the other metro SCs are? Northtown is a dying mall.
Target has a long-standing policy of installing superchargers near their facilities, but not all. Therefore, it is never a surprise when one pops up at a location with a Target. That doesn't tell us anything about why one pops up at an unusual location, like this one. Tesla never divulges why a location is chosen. All we can do is speculate.

I'm just glad to see it something on the north side of the river. I will finally have a reasonably close supercharger when visiting my dad. It'll replace Maple Grove for that purpose.

Looks like this site will be activated soon!
We need to get the “(Under Construction)” removed from the title though; not sure why it was ever there; we don’t see that on discussion groups for other supercharger locations.