Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willmar, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
La Conner, WA
Permits issued for Cub Foods in Willmar, MN.

Willmar MN.PNG

Willmar, MN

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Cub Foods
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-12, US-71
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: MN-23

US-12

To: Minnetonka, MN - 86 miles
Diversion: 2.7 miles
To: St. Paul, MN - 101.2 miles

US-71

To: Bemidji, MN - 194.8 miles
Diversion: 2 miles
To: End (ON-71 Canada at International Falls, MN) - 305.9 miles

On US-12 and US-71, in large gaps.

It's also another Supercharger location recently found on MN-23, together with Marshall, MN.

Of course, I was just generalizing Grand Rapids as a logical splitter location with a fair amount of site hosts to work with.
Grand Rapids would be an excellent, logical next choice for a gap filler. Virginia was on the voting map if I recall correctly, so hopefully that one happens sooner than later as well. Minnesota is finally getting fleshed out!

What I really love about it is how it opens up more opportunities while talking to friends and family to point at the map and say, "See? Where can't you go?"

Pure speculation, and I'm not a power engineer or anything, but with the way Tesla likes to streamline stuff, I wonder if eventually they will try to integrate pad-mount transformers into the drop in units as well. That would take another really unpredictable element out of the equation for new install timelines.

Reactions: Cyberjr
I see it was the same company that did Marshall. More drop in units. Crazy how fast and simple they are completed compare to the mess of Eagan and Blaine. Blaine has the stalls going up the last few days as well.
Yeah, it seems like rapid progress when you see Preassembled Supercharger Units aka (PSU's) show up on site. Then things slow to a snail's pace waiting for the rest of the stuff to get completed.

Pure speculation, and I'm not a power engineer or anything, but with the way Tesla likes to streamline stuff, I wonder if eventually they will try to integrate pad-mount transformers into the drop in units as well. That would take another really unpredictable element out of the equation for new install timelines.
The transformers are supplied by the utility. All out of their hands, I expect.

If we've lucky, maybe @Brolan will also see a transformer and meter in Marshall. If that's the case, Tesla may be looking to active both of these, plus Eagan at (roughly) the same time! Hopefully they aren't waiting for Blaine (no transformer) and these three can move forward more quickly...

Reactions: starman27