Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blaine, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you build it, they will come.

Gotta know about 1st.

The PlugShare Mods have removed the Green Pin I put in to share the location of this newly operational TSC with fellow Tesla Pilots a few weeks ago.

Guess folks will have to learn by word of mouth if the PlugShare folks are going to be as slow as the Tesla main map folks.

A Better Route Planner is on the ball (as usual) and you can now find it via ABRP and plan with it.

Cheers! Hugh-SG

Gotta know about 1st.

The PlugShare Mods have removed the Green Pin I put in to share the location of this newly operational TSC with fellow Tesla Pilots a few weeks ago.

Guess folks will have to learn by word of mouth if the PlugShare folks are going to be as slow as the Tesla main map folks.

A Better Route Planner is on the ball (as usual) and you can now find it via ABRP and plan with it.

Cheers! Hugh-SG

Instead of relying on Tesla's map for Superchargers, just use supercharge.info - it has up to date info, also upcoming sites, whether under construction or in permit stage, etc. I believe that's where ABRP gets their data anyhow. Also Blaine showed up in the car Nav map shorty after it went live, so drivers on that route could discover it that way too

Plugshare still has other uses, esp user-submitted tips etc but I guess for that you just have to wait until the official entry gets created - and/or rely on discussion in threads like this (supercharge.info references corresponding TMC threads)

Reactions: Hugh-SG
someone posted elsewhere a screenshot showing the Blaine Supercharger in the mobile app, indicating 12 stalls here at Blaine (in Richmond BC, Canada Supercharger!). I just checked the car nav and it also shows the same, 12 stalls (instead of 14 total). So FYI something still not quite right with Tesla's data on this location, first the conflicting 72kW vs 150kW max info, and now this

IMG_4523.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
someone posted elsewhere a screenshot showing the Blaine Supercharger in the mobile app, indicating 12 stalls here at Blaine (in Richmond BC, Canada Supercharger!). I just checked the car nav and it also shows the same, 12 stalls (instead of 14 total). So FYI something still not quite right with Tesla's data on this location, first the conflicting 72kW vs 150kW max info, and now this

View attachment 472988
I can confirm, one of the pull in stalls is broken and doesn’t work. The one near the highway. My map also shows 11/12 as of this morning /afternoon

Attachments

• FAD52A87-9F8C-4060-BD45-617E8921FBF1.jpeg
    FAD52A87-9F8C-4060-BD45-617E8921FBF1.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 90

View attachment 472988

Auburn also shows 10 stalls on the map, but there were definitely 12 Teslas charging there today.

That must mean charging at stalls 13 and 14 at Blaine and 11 and 12 at Auburn are at no charge. :D

I can't definitively say for this particular Jack in the Box, but all the late night fast food places near where I live are drive-thru only after like 10pm or midnight. So, before I counted on being able to use the restrooms late at night, I would be careful to check whether the in-store dining, and therefore restroom access, is actually open during their full hours.

update - I am on my way back from US and am charging at Blaine now (only one here! Monday mid afternoon) and I see the Jack in the Box restaurant itself is open until 11pm, with drive thru open until 2am. Just FYI

an aside (sorry, too late to edit my post above to add this comment) - I mentioned I was the only one charging here this afternoon, but shortly after I posted that a Nissan Leaf pulled up, nose-in a few stalls away.

The driver got out of his car, pulled out the SC cable from the pedestal and looked at it puzzled, for a moment. Then he walked across the way to look at the 3 other Supercharger pedestals there. Before I could get out of my car and go over and have a friendly chat, he got back in his car and left. I guess maybe he lived somewhere nearby and had never seen a Tesla Supercharger before, this being a brand new one for the area...

BTW, another FYI, in case you're coming here for a charge at night and stalls are partially occupied and want to pick the best spot re: A/B pairing... (because it's not always consistent from location to location whether stall order is 1A 1B 2A 2B ... or 1A 2A 3A..., and sometimes hard to see the markings at night)

the pedestal A/B configuration at this location goes like this:

3 stalls closest to I-5 highway are:
1A (pull-in stall), 1B, 2A

then the other 11 are facing those, just across the aisle
from southmost to north is 2B (another pull-in stall), 3A, 3B ... 7A, 7B

Last edited:
6 other Tesla's charging here, and this guy decided that he'd park on the other side of the divider and charge that way...
I've seen a few people do this. Not sure why though.
Maybe because there were 6 other cars there? I’m sure the spots are plenty big but it can be nice not to have to park next to others. IMHO. :p

Reactions: Tes*la*rosa