Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boise, ID - N. Orchard St. (8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Supercharger site no longer has this location as a future site. I've noted in the past that does not mean anything but ... Any intel out there Forum?
Don’t trust the site. The Design review Marco posted was approved in May. No building or electrical permits have been applied for relating to the SC. It doesn’t mean it isn’t happening, it’s just awaiting the next phase of the project. Once we see an actual building permit, electrical permit and dig ticket, then construction will be imminent. Until those happen, we just have to wait and see. I wish people like Marco would point out that a Design Review is not a building permit. It is just due diligence and sometimes even when approved, the project may get held up or even canceled for other reasons.

Don’t trust the site. The Design review Marco posted was approved in May. No building or electrical permits have been applied for relating to the SC. It doesn’t mean it isn’t happening, it’s just awaiting the next phase of the project. Once we see an actual building permit, electrical permit and dig ticket, then construction will be imminent. Until those happen, we just have to wait and see. I wish people like Marco would point out that a Design Review is not a building permit. It is just due diligence and sometimes even when approved, the project may get held up or even canceled for other reasons.
Thank you

Just drove over today. No evidence of an upcoming installation :(

Last week I was at the only supercharger in Boise and people were having to wait as all the stalls were in use.
I'm also seeing more use in Boise and am looking forward to this installation being complete. Our destination is Boise (family) and we select a motel that we can charge at so the SC is not needed yet.

Reactions: bruce4000
Just drove over today. No evidence of an upcoming installation :(

Last week I was at the only supercharger in Boise and people were having to wait as all the stalls were in use.
There is still not an applied for or issued building permit for this site. What Marco posted was a design review submitted by Kimley-Horn on Tesla's behalf. It being approved means that the design/use fits city planning codes. Until Tesla or someone on their behalf applies for an actual building permit that is then approved and issued, there will be no evidence of construction.

Just put the parcel number in the search box at the top right
R8039310010

I'm also seeing more use in Boise and am looking forward to this installation being complete. Our destination is Boise (family) and we select a motel that we can charge at so the SC is not needed yet.
When we went to Boise last summer (family), my parents said they had a charging outlet, but it turned out to be a TT30 outlet, which is the only one without a Tesla plug adapter. It's a 30A 120V outlet for travel trailers or small RVs. Fortunately, we were there long enough that just using wall outlet let us avoid the local Supercharger.

When we went to Boise last summer (family), my parents said they had a charging outlet, but it turned out to be a TT30 outlet, which is the only one without a Tesla plug adapter. It's a 30A 120V outlet for travel trailers or small RVs. Fortunately, we were there long enough that just using wall outlet let us avoid the local Supercharger.

Tesla does not make an adapter for this, but EVSEadapters does make one just for this TT30. I have one and it works great.

TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3/Y Gen 2

my parents said they had a charging outlet, but it turned out to be a TT30 outlet, which is the only one without a Tesla plug adapter. It's a 30A 120V outlet for travel trailers or small RVs.
When a friend of mine here in Boise got his Model 3 a few years ago, he found that he did have a TT-30 outlet in his garage. I do have a TT-30 plug for my old Generation 1 mobile charging cable, so I swapped cables with him for about a week and used his with the 14-50 plug at my house, while he was getting an electrician over to install something else in his garage.

I work at the Sonic where this charger station is being installed. We removed the stalls on the drive thru side and they will be installed there. Majority of our orders come thru drive thru so we were already thinking of removing them before Telsa reached out (costs a lot of money to update something that's not really needed). We have reprogramed the app and those Tesla "stalls" will be numbered so you'll be able to order on the app and check in while sitting in your car or order on the patio and sit at our new tables.

The work crew set up the fence yesterday and will start their 5 weeks of construction on Monday. Soon it will be here! :)

Attachments

• 20230815_141415.jpg
    20230815_141415.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 93
I work at the Sonic where this charger station is being installed. We removed the stalls on the drive thru side and they will be installed there. Majority of our orders come thru drive thru so we were already thinking of removing them before Telsa reached out (costs a lot of money to update something that's not really needed). We have reprogramed the app and those Tesla "stalls" will be numbered so you'll be able to order on the app and check in while sitting in your car or order on the patio and sit at our new tables.

The work crew set up the fence yesterday and will start their 5 weeks of construction on Monday. Soon it will be here! :)
Permit marked as issued 8/23/23
1693118116009.png