Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bossier City, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bossier City, LA

Host Type: Store
Host: Target
Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-71, US-79, US-80
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-220

I-20

To: Ruston, LA - 66.4 miles
Diversion: 4.8 miles
To: Monroe, LA (v2) - 100.5 miles

US-71

To: Texarkana, TX (v2) - 77 miles
Diversion: 9 miles
To: Van Buren, AR - 261.4 miles

US-79

To: Memphis - North Germantown Pkwy, TN - 358 miles
Diversion: 5.1 miles
To: End (US-68 Russellville, KY) - 574.3 miles

US-80

To: Ruston, LA - 72.3 miles
Diversion: 5 miles
To: Monroe, LA (v2) - 109.5 miles

I've generally found Targets to be a good place to stop, but this location is like a 5 mile diversion off of I-20. That's like a 10-12 minute drive one way, so you'll be spending more time driving the diversion than you will be charging. But hey, the more superchargers the merrier👍
I think the point of placing a Supercharger here would be to give anyone traveling through the Shreveport area the option to take I-20 or I-220 depending on what the traffic looks like.

Reactions: nogajim
I think the point of placing a Supercharger here would be to give anyone traveling through the Shreveport area the option to take I-20 or I-220 depending on what the traffic looks like.
Not only that, but the amenities around it are much better than the Shreveport charger.

The one in Shreveport is in the parking lot of a dying (and slightly sketchy) shopping mall. After hours, there is no restroom within a safe walking distance. Freeway access is a little wonky too.

I've generally found Targets to be a good place to stop, but this location is like a 5 mile diversion off of I-20. That's like a 10-12 minute drive one way, so you'll be spending more time driving the diversion than you will be charging. But hey, the more superchargers the merrier👍
With normal traffic, it's about 3 miles/3 minutes greater distance/time than travelling through Shreveport/Bossier on I-20. You add in the superior amenities and the fact you'll likely save time with the 250KW vs 150KW chargers, I think this will be a more popular choice for those traveling through this area.

@corywright Might want to update the coordinates on Supercharge.info. The link provided by @ZAKEEUS above shows it's on the south side of the lot next to the entrance to Target.

32.557782, -93.707339

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 7.58.06 PM.png

A decade ago, I enjoyed taking weekend trips to The Boardwalk to eat at Cheesecake Bistro and shop. I hadn't been in several years until last year. When I arrived, I was disappointed to see that Cheesecake Bistro was long gone and half the stores were empty. It was so depressing that I turned around and left. On my way back to Texas, I stopped at Johnny's Pizza on Greenwood only to discover that it lost its coziness due to a remodel.

In Bossier City visiting Grandkids. Stopped by to check on the new Superchargers. Not open yet. Looks like waiting to install transformer. Lots of electrical cables and construction just waiting. No one seems to be working on site at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_6078.jpeg
    IMG_6078.jpeg
    893.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6077.jpeg
    IMG_6077.jpeg
    841 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg