Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bossier City, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current status:

Picture #1 - Reference this most recent dig ticket. Points 1 and 2, which previously had conduit sticking out, are now covered - no conduit showing.

Picture #2 - Located at point 2.There are no holes in the top, so I'm guessing it's not for the transformer. Perhaps just a hub for wires to connect?

Picture #3 - Located at point 4. Assuming this is where the transformer will eventually be placed. Not sure what the smaller framing will be for.

Some machinery is still on sight. Still no transformer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 8.53.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 8.53.30 PM.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3890.JPG
    IMG_3890.JPG
    998.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3892.JPG
    IMG_3892.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Current status:

Picture #1 - Reference this most recent dig ticket. Points 1 and 2, which previously had conduit sticking out, are now covered - no conduit showing.

Picture #2 - Located at point 2.There are no holes in the top, so I'm guessing it's not for the transformer. Perhaps just a hub for wires to connect?

Picture #3 - Located at point 4. Assuming this is where the transformer will eventually be placed. Not sure what the smaller framing will be for.

Some machinery is still on sight. Still no transformer.
Smaller framing for a meter box probably.

I stopped by to get a look. Those two concrete pads have been poured, but otherwise I don't think anything else has been done. Actually, the meter boxes are in, which is probably new work. No meters yet of course. There was no sign of any activity in the area where the new pedestals would go, behind me in this photo.

Attachments

• 20240331_125800.jpg
    20240331_125800.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I stopped by to get a look. Those two concrete pads have been poured, but otherwise I don't think anything else has been done. Actually, the meter boxes are in, which is probably new work. No meters yet of course. There was no sign of any activity in the area where the new pedestals would go, behind me in this photo.
The meter boxes have been there for months. The wiring was just run over the last couple weeks and these two pads were poured either Thursday or Friday of last week.
I have an idea for why there are two pads and two meter boxes. Since there are 12 Tesla Superchargers and 2 Level 2 ChargePoint chargers, wouldn't they be running off of two different transformers (one large and one smaller) and two different meters?

The meter boxes have been there for months. The wiring was just run over the last couple weeks and these two pads were poured either Thursday or Friday of last week.
I have an idea for why there are two pads and two meter boxes. Since there are 12 Tesla Superchargers and 2 Level 2 ChargePoint chargers, wouldn't they be running off of two different transformers (one large and one smaller) and two different meters?
Not separate transformers. Usually the step down from 480 to 120/240 is in the switchgear cabinet because site lighting and communications run off non-480v so these wouldn’t need a second meter. Unless they want separate billing for L2 which I haven’t seen at any other Target site with L2. File under maybe but highly unlikely.

What new pedestals are you referring to?

Not separate transformers. Usually the step down from 480 to 120/240 is in the switchgear cabinet because site lighting and communications run off non-480v so these wouldn’t need a second meter. Unless they want separate billing for L2 which I haven’t seen at any other Target site with L2. File under maybe but highly unlikely.

Tesla pays for the electricity they use. ChargePoint pays for the electricity they use. Why wouldn't this require separate metering?

Any thoughts on the purpose of the smaller pad?

Any thoughts on the purpose of the smaller pad?
Sorry, hadn’t noticed the separate meter since they usually get mounted on switchgear or a separate cabinet around here. That setup looks quite temporary but it doesn’t make sense to have them temporarily mounted so that must be final location.

I don’t think I had noticed the ChargePoint chargers installed yet but now I see them lurking in the back of the above photos so this might be an odd situation where they are completely separate. Like I said above, most of these sites have them all integrated into the Tesla switchgear, at least from what I have seen on he west coast. This could be a different agreement. It is possible there will be a separate transformer since there are 2 meters but that means there will be separate switchgear for ChargePoint as well. Seems like a lot of extra infrastructure for 2 L2 stations.

However, @ChrisC mentioned new stalls opposite the transformers from the Tesla station. It could be that another brand L3 is getting installed? Weird but possible. Guess we will have to wait it out and see.

Sorry, hadn’t noticed the separate meter since they usually get mounted on switchgear or a separate cabinet around here. That setup looks quite temporary but it doesn’t make sense to have them temporarily mounted so that must be final location.

I don’t think I had noticed the ChargePoint chargers installed yet but now I see them lurking in the back of the above photos so this might be an odd situation where they are completely separate. Like I said above, most of these sites have them all integrated into the Tesla switchgear, at least from what I have seen on he west coast. This could be a different agreement. It is possible there will be a separate transformer since there are 2 meters but that means there will be separate switchgear for ChargePoint as well. Seems like a lot of extra infrastructure for 2 L2 stations.

However, @ChrisC mentioned new stalls opposite the transformers from the Tesla station. It could be that another brand L3 is getting installed? Weird but possible. Guess we will have to wait it out and see.
If there are additional stalls being installed, there is no obvious sign of it. I'm not sure what he meant by that. Maybe he has some insight we don't know about?
I'll be making a trip to Target this afternoon and will report back if any transformers have shown up.

I have no insight :) When I was planning my long roadtrip down I-20, I looked for SC sites along the route that needed reconnaissance. Seeing this one, I skimmed the thread (which started in April 2023 with a permit) and thought the current construction was an EXPANSION of the existing site. I realize now that this site hasn't ever actually gone online. So just take my post for the photos, ignore my text, and rely on Jwhite's reports :)

LOL to those here making jabs at Chargepoint. Excluding Tesla, they are THE most reliable charging provider. But your point is moot: the Target hosting contracts REQUIRE that those Chargepoint stations go in alongside the Tesla SC site. It's their weak token gesture towards equity.