Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bossier City, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you be happy to see a charger that is 20 times slower than a Supercharger (level 2) and from a brand that is historically unreliable (ChargePoint)?
I've found the CharePoint level 2 charging to be reliable and often free for the first two hours or so. It's nice to have the option when I don't need the super charger but can take on some free electrons. I often use the ChargePoint level 2 charger when traveling.

Any progress here? Transformer? Meter? Digging stuff back up again?
I drove by today on my way home from work. Nothing... no digging, no transformer, no meter. The conduit that was placed back in ?November? is still sticking out of the ground on each end. No wires have been run. Large spool of wire is still on site. There is not even a pad for the transformer. The spot is framed out, but no concrete yet.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
No recent dig tickets for the actual charger installation, only the old one for bringing in power.

What do you mean by charger installation? All 12 charging stalls are already in place - along with 2 L2 chargers. I'm assuming the wiring has been run to them. Or are you talking about a different piece of equipment?
It seems to me they have done everything except bring power in.

What do you mean by charger installation? All 12 charging stalls are already in place - along with 2 L2 chargers. I'm assuming the wiring has been run to them. Or are you talking about a different piece of equipment?
It seems to me they have done everything except bring power in.
There was a dig ticket for bringing power in but no dig ticket for trenching conduit to each of the chargers. There is only one photo of a single charge post so hard to tell if it this site or not. A picture of the whole site as is would be great to help determine what needs to be done.

Saw your post on plugshare. What kind of right of way / similar problems are you thinking?
We've seen problems in the past where a site designer THINKS they are digging and laying conduit where it's OK, but then find out later that they aren't. For example, a survey could have been wrong about the location of an underground line and they didn't hit it and they're too close. Or it was wrong about the size of a right of way and they've gone through land they aren't allowed too, and they don't find out until the landowner stops by and raises hell. It's a complicated world and stuff happens, especially when the utilities are a century old and underground ...

There was a dig ticket for bringing power in but no dig ticket for trenching conduit to each of the chargers. There is only one photo of a single charge post so hard to tell if it this site or not. A picture of the whole site as is would be great to help determine what needs to be done.
I got this photo from another website... it dates back to September 2023 when they had just removed the fencing from in front of these chargers. My assumption is that, since the pedestals are in place, wiring has been run to them... but I don't know that for sure.
I need to go to Target in a bit. I will take some more photos and post them.

Attachments

• 1204551.jpg
    1204551.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 28
We've seen problems in the past where a site designer THINKS they are digging and laying conduit where it's OK, but then find out later that they aren't. For example, a survey could have been wrong about the location of an underground line and they didn't hit it and they're too close. Or it was wrong about the size of a right of way and they've gone through land they aren't allowed too, and they don't find out until the landowner stops by and raises hell. It's a complicated world and stuff happens, especially when the utilities are a century old and underground ...
A little background on this location. Target was built in 2007. Prior to then, this was farmland with an Interstate (loop) running through it. I would imagine all utilities were placed at that time. There is the possibility of underground gas lines. Google street view shows a gas line marker near the easternmost part of the area. These markers continue to the north behind (east of) the Target building. I drove through and saw some fresh paint on the pavement a month or two ago - as memory serves, it was yellow, so probably gas related. I will have to look again to see its exact location - if it's still there...

Reactions: ChrisC
I got this photo from another website... it dates back to September 2023 when they had just removed the fencing from in front of these chargers. My assumption is that, since the pedestals are in place, wiring has been run to them... but I don't know that for sure.
I need to go to Target in a bit. I will take some more photos and post them.
Whether there is wiring to the charge posts or not, there was trenching done to put in conduit. You would not have the posts installed with no conduit. My comment was based on the very specific marking outline of the last dig ticket. It is bringing power to the switchgear or transformer. There would have been a much larger red area on the dig ticket map if it was for the actual chargers. Regardless, they are installed so there is either a holdup with the power (transformer) or Tesla turning them on.

Thank you for the pictures.

Whether there is wiring to the charge posts or not, there was trenching done to put in conduit. You would not have the posts installed with no conduit. My comment was based on the very specific marking outline of the last dig ticket. It is bringing power to the switchgear or transformer. There would have been a much larger red area on the dig ticket map if it was for the actual chargers. Regardless, they are installed so there is either a holdup with the power (transformer) or Tesla turning them on.

Thank you for the pictures.
Here are some photos taken today. The last actual digging was done back in November. I detailed that here: Supercharger - Bossier City, LA

IMG_3685.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg

Here are some photos taken today. The last actual digging was done back in November. I detailed that here: Supercharger - Bossier City, LA

View attachment 1021634

View attachment 1021635

View attachment 1021636

View attachment 1021637View attachment 1021638
Yes. I know what you detailed. As stated, there is no giant green box on the framed pad next to the superchargers. That is where the Supercharger transformer will be placed. I think any confusion was why there was digging back behind the Target store where the Target transformer is. They must have needed to tap into the main line that the store ties into at that transformer. As it is, we are just waiting on a transformer.