Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brunswick GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed inoperative. No hard feelings, but the intel from @Strikezone-38 & @felizf almost got me in trouble last night. I was there 8/21 around 7pm, and I tried 5 stalls. Bubkus. Tail between my legs, I had to draft behind a semi at 65 mph at following distance "1", just to crawl back into the Kingsland supercharger with 2% remaining. I was really looking forward to my first V3 250 kW charging experience, and I got something else entirely. More disconcerting, however, was that when I called mother Tesla to report, the guy literally could not find the Brunswick supercharger. (Which highway? Which exit? Is there a Waffle House nearby?) No, sir, it's the brand new 24 stall V3 supercharger on I-95 between Kingsland and Savannah. He was totally unaware of it. The in-car nav was reporting 250 kW, but otherwise no status in terms of stalls available or in-use. Lesson learned, I'll wait for the official status on the in-car nav before relying on availability to make my destination.

Confirmed inoperative. No hard feelings, but the intel from @Strikezone-38 & @felizf almost got me in trouble last night. I was there 8/21 around 7pm, and I tried 5 stalls. Bubkus. Tail between my legs, I had to draft behind a semi at 65 mph at following distance "1", just to crawl back into the Kingsland supercharger with 2% remaining. I was really looking forward to my first V3 250 kW charging experience, and I got something else entirely. More disconcerting, however, was that when I called mother Tesla to report, the guy literally could not find the Brunswick supercharger. (Which highway? Which exit? Is there a Waffle House nearby?) No, sir, it's the brand new 24 stall V3 supercharger on I-95 between Kingsland and Savannah. He was totally unaware of it. The in-car nav was reporting 250 kW, but otherwise no status in terms of stalls available or in-use. Lesson learned, I'll wait for the official status on the in-car nav before relying on availability to make my destination.
My apologies, but if you look closely you will see I was replying to the Kingsland post. When I went up and down 95, this SC was not up and running yet. Glad you made it to the Kingsland SC!

In the Plugshare listing, activated a couple days ago, there were more negative checkins yesterday, but now two GOOD checkins today, so perhaps whatever the problem is has passed.

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Bad job though by Tesla not even knowing status of their own systems. It sounds like their commissioning process skipped a step or something. A new site should not show up in navigation, effectively leading moths to the light, until all of the support systems are ready to go. It's one thing for those of us here in these bleeding edge forums to hope a brand new site is working, but once they display it in the nav systems of Average Joe cars, it needs to be solid.

Similar story here... Nav directed me here, the whole site was down and had to draft behind a truck to barely make it to Kingsland.

Lesson learned: if the Nav does not show the # of stalls available on a site, the whole site may be down, be sure to have enough for a backup plan before relying on that site.

Reactions: Enginerd
Similar story here... Nav directed me here, the whole site was down and had to draft behind a truck to barely make it to Kingsland.

Lesson learned: if the Nav does not show the # of stalls available on a site, the whole site may be down, be sure to have enough for a backup plan before relying on that site.

In addition, newly opened sites seem to be a problematic for the first month or so.

There are 13 good checkins on Plugshare (link above) since the troubles of Aug 22nd. Plus there are likely far more users that didn't check in (most not even knowing that Plugshare exists) so I'd say this site has been solid for two weeks now.

Reactions: X Fan
Good first charge. Walked to the Circle K.
1000011478.jpg
1000011477.jpg

I always end up having to charge at this one when going from charlotte, NC to places in Florida in a MY LR. They always work, but it sucks that there no food places in walking distance and I try plan a different charger, but there are no choices close to this one.

I always end up having to charge at this one when going from charlotte, NC to places in Florida in a MY LR. They always work, but it sucks that there no food places in walking distance and I try plan a different charger, but there are no choices close to this one.
I travel frequently between NC & FL...I always work out my charging to bypass Brunswick & use Yulee. 250 location & good food choices.

I travel frequently between NC & FL...I always work out my charging to bypass Brunswick & use Yulee. 250 location & good food choices.
What do you mean 250 location? There are only 8 SCs at Yulee. If you are saying V3 then Brunswick is 24 V3 stalls. Also Brunswick is also almost ½ the price. Right now it is 46¢ per kWh vs 28¢ per kWh.