Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it's been awhile since status was updated on the Buffalo Supercharger, I'll just put it out there that as of last night there's no activity at all in the corner of the parking lot destined for the SC. There have been pickups and a dumpster there for several days, but they *appear* unrelated.

Here's another hoping Buffalo will be online sooner rather than later. I have a trip to Watkins Glen planned in late May, which is 367km door to door from my house. On paper that should be ok, but I know I don't have the lightest right foot, so being able to charge up in Buffalo would provide piece of mind. Once I get to WGI, they have 14-50 plugs to recharge with.

I was really hoping Buffalo would be up by the end of April. I am heading to Cleveland from Toronto to catch a ball game. Looks like I will need a charge somewhere in the Buffalo area. Can someone make a recommendation for me?

If you look on Plugshare, there are two Model S owners with HPWCs in the Buffalo area willing to let Tesla owners use them. You need to contact them before showing up.

So, someone at Tesla must have decided that today was the day to make some progress in Buffalo - there's a bunch of spraypaint denoting the layout of the chargers, electrical trenches and transformer now. Looks like 8 spots - not sure if that's correct or not. See photos from tonight, sorry for potato quality.

IsZbxfB.jpg
cgRBdqP.jpg
Xxbb73U.jpg

I was really hoping Buffalo would be up by the end of April. I am heading to Cleveland from Toronto to catch a ball game. Looks like I will need a charge somewhere in the Buffalo area. Can someone make a recommendation for me?

I recommend the Taps On Queen Brewhouse & Grill in Niagara Falls, Canada. The 70A level 2 charger is free and the beer and wings are great.

This is exciting. I have a Toronto <-> Cleveland trip mid June and I was dreading having to drive too slowly, or stop at a slow(er) charger, or go the long way (Detroit) or (gasp) rent an ICE. With the construction restarting, it may still be tight to finish by then, but there is hope again...