Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are at least 2 Plugsharers with 80A HPWC in the Amherst area that you might consider (I'm one of them). Would probably entail a 2-3 hour layover to top off so you could get to the Macedonia SC (or the SC at the Cleveland Service Center if you could reach them during their regular hours. Don't know if you can count on the Clarence SC to be up by May 19. I'll keep checking.

My youngest, "Kid" is 32 and I'm retired so I dropped by at about 2PM today. I was impressed by how much work had been done in one day. They had placed PVC conduits in trenches that they were extending all the way towards the electrical equipment near Transit Road. One of the workers said that their conduits would be inspected Thursday and then they could bury them. Guy claims that we would be charging there in 3 weeks! No hint on what they will be doing next. I do note that Erie, PA is no longer shown as, "Coming Soon" on the Tesla Supercharger map.
20150422_150205[1].jpg
20150422_145011[1].jpg
20150422_145000[1].jpg

There is a HPWC 80 amps at the Comfort Inn located on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. They charged me $12 to park there and use the charger and I walked over the Rainbow Bridge to the US side to meet my driving partner who didn't have a passport. It's was a nice option to make the voyage while awaiting the Buffalo Supercharger to get done.

Dropped by Friday at about 2 PM. The trenching from the Supercharger site to the Transit Road electrical connection had been filled in. Concrete structures (caissons?) have been placed in excavated portions where the DC Superchargers will be. Pictures were taken to avoid identifying the person working there. Looks like the supports for several of the stalls are in concrete forms waiting to be poured.
20150424_141639.jpg
20150424_141500.jpg
20150424_141556.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry this picture is so dark, I was just passing through and thought I'd check the site out. Looks like they backfilled the trenches. Still getting ready for concrete.
A big THANK YOU to xrayangiodoc for his family's hospitality and electrons!

Last edited:
I dropped by while doing some stuff on Transit Road. Didn't take any pictures since there were 3 or 4 guys working. Looks like they were putting all the frames for the Supercharger stalls in the tubular forms that they pour concrete footings into. Seems like they are doing additional prep on the conduits and getting the frames ready for circuitry? No concrete pouring going on yet. Steady progress but no dramatic changes compared to Monday's pics.

- - - Updated - - -

any chance you can add some photos?
thanks

I was making reference to the pics that jrreno posted.

Dropped by at about 3 PM Wed. All the charger stall frames seem to have been firmly placed. Forms are being fabricated to contain the pad for the Supercharger equipment. Guy there says the concrete will be poured on Friday. The trenches and excavations around the concrete vaults have all been filled in. A 4 man crew was working on the job.
20150429_150628.jpg
20150429_151158.jpg
20150429_150634.jpg

Its fantastic that this is coming along and the updates from this thread are amazing! My problem is I will be going through the area tomorrow. I have not used Charge point locations before but I have the card and am looking at a couple of spots. Can someone help me with understanding the charge rate of the stations and if the station I am looking at is reliable. It is National Grid - NFTA Hamburg, 4066 Lakeshore Rd, Hamburg NY. It is listed as level 2, J1772, 6.6KW. I am not sure what that means? What is the amp it charges at? Any help would be appreciated.