Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon, construction appears to have stopped. There are no fences or equipment on site, just some sealed off conduits sticking out of the grund
9B02E8D0-3FFD-433A-B87A-CA8BB6F401C8.jpeg

I think it’s been this way for a few weeks (possibly wrong with respect to fencing down/on the ground). The crew doing this work may have been just doing utilities and nothing more. We’ll see what the coming weeks look like now that the holidays are over

There is a chance this project is on hold until the local utility, Eversource, can complete a requested installation of conduit and manholes along Middlesex Tpk adjacent to the project. The proposal came up for public hearing on November 8th, and I assume it was approved without opposition. The proposal can be found on page 39 (Item #310) at https://www.burlington.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_11082021-718. Eversource is also working with the town on permits to do some expansion at the substation at 64A Middlesex Tpk as well.

When I attend the the site walkthrough last year I overheard Tesla speaking with the town engineer who was concerned about historical overutilization of the grid in the area of the mall, and that it might be a problem that needed to be solved for the high power needs of the supercharger. This may in fact be what is going on here.

Other than making inquiries along these lines, I guess we just wait and see when construction resumes.

Today's status update - slow progress on the trench for the pedestal conduits and what is probably the form for the supercharger and switchgear cabinets. Progress, but seems like there might be a small crew on this job vs. some of the builds in the New England area by another contractor. No Tesla supercharger equipment or electrical conduit visible onsite yet.

IMG_6666.jpeg
IMG_6668.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Today's status update - slow progress on the trench for the pedestal conduits and what is probably the form for the supercharger and switchgear cabinets. Progress, but seems like there might be a small crew on this job vs. some of the builds in the New England area by another contractor. No Tesla supercharger equipment or electrical conduit visible onsite yet.

View attachment 781801View attachment 781802
When I was there 6 days ago, there were only two workers on site. I chatted briefly with them.