Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Workers said July 2nd that the only thing holding them up was the local power company installing their end of things (transformer?).

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I discovered a dozen unlisted NEMA 14-50s at the Steelhead Park where the highway crosses the river.

I stopped there yesterday too (same time as onesixeight) he was on his way to B.C. in his P85+. I was able to remove the cord easily. There was a trick to it but I am having a senior moment and can't recall how I did it. The manager we spoke to was very supportive of Tesla. There will no doubt be a "charge of Teslas" there when it is announced that it is working. Me included.
Anyone now status of Burlington Superchargers 7/5/13?

Supercharger sighting at 11:30 am 7/6/13 --- waiting. Yahoo! Musk, you are the BEST! Let,s have a meeting of Northwest SSSS's when it opens, or shortly thereafter. Break a bottle of bubbly open together. Found also two AV chargers going southbound at first rest area south of canada border, end of car area close to entrance back onto the freeway. Not previously noticed.

Found also two AV chargers going southbound at first rest area south of canada border, end of car area close to entrance back onto the freeway. Not previously noticed.

They are 30A J1772. Free to use. The same setup is at the first rest area North of Oregon going Northbound. This was part of the West Coast Green Highway effort put in by the state DOT (OR has put in even more, and BC is getting started, and CA says they will someday). Note that they never really expected these units to get a lot of use; they are more educational (hence the signage) and emergency backup - sort of a "Welcome to Washington" for EVs.

Charging stations at rest areas have an issue - the state can't give away free electricity, but they can't charge for it either because that would compete with gas stations (or so says the gas station lobby). So the J1772s are free, courtesy of the Seattle EV Association's Charge for Change project, which was done through Adopt A Charger. Both great programs!

image.jpg
Another photo!

Yes I took a photo but not posting as no real update as tomorrow will be the major update from me. Today they will be installing the PSE power transformer. Yes they failed the inspection as the Supercharger made by TESLA and did not have a UL listing, the inspectors seem to be concern about that even my solar panels had a UL listing but went on roof 29 feet up just to see the sticker on the panel, I even had the panel manual showing the UL listing.. So after power on tomorrow they will do a UL testing to show it meet the requirements. NOW for the Great NEWS looks like a grand opening for Tuesday hear there will be some event, sorry I do not know the time it happen but just letting my co-tesla owners know here..

MBCMDR

Yes I took a photo but not posting as no real update as tomorrow will be the major update from me. Today they will be installing the PSE power transformer. Yes they failed the inspection as the Supercharger made by TESLA and did not have a UL listing, the inspectors seem to be concern about that even my solar panels had a UL listing but went on roof 29 feet up just to see the sticker on the panel, I even had the panel manual showing the UL listing.. So after power on tomorrow they will do a UL testing to show it meet the requirements. NOW for the Great NEWS looks like a grand opening for Tuesday hear there will be some event, sorry I do not know the time it happen but just letting my co-tesla owners know here..

MBCMDR

If it's Tuesday, I could be there. It would be great to have a bunch of Tesla charging up.

If it's Tuesday, I could be there. It would be great to have a bunch of Tesla charging up.
Yea, I'd be willing to make the drive from Seattle, just for fun to meet other Tesla owners and to educate myself on the range left from a Max Charge on a Seatle->burlington->Bellingham and back daytrip. The last time I made the trip to Vancouver, i was driving modestly and watching Watts/Mi like a hawk. Will be nice to be able to drive like I want.

Ok: Here is the photo update, I don't see a need for anymore need as everything is done. I was told yesterday it is powered (energy humm) so all please do not use until they give the final blessing... I only heard that a Grand opening event Tuesday but I have no detail I will watch, if find anything out will post but should be an event post soon at least I would think..

IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG