Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a great event! some of us went to lunch afterword at Bob's across the way. it was fun to hear some of the inside scoop! I've been to many of these types of events for the green highway over the last two years and this got the best showing and most excitement! I got a strong affirmative that a CHAdeMO adapter will be rolled out in the US concurrently with the release in Japan later this year... music to my ears. I find it amusing that my wish list for adapters is pretty much down to two, a tt30 and CHAdeMO adapter... like asking for a straw and a fire hose!

Ribbon cutting

Great fun today! Many S's ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 454
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 443
I am sad that I missed the event :( But one has got to work sometime, I figure that after spending a week off work for Teslive, I should do some work.

On another note, do I get bragging rights for guessing the date? Here is the list from before:
6/27 - Onesixeight
6/28 - PhilBa
6/30 - Hobiemon
7/01 - hvb
7/02 - aayala
7/03 - ORWA
7/03 - Puyallup Bill
7/03 - Edgewood Dome
7/05 - Seattle
7/07 - Discoducky
7/08 - Saxena
7/09 - brianman
7/10 - ThortsMD
7/15 - DouglasR
7/18 - Francis Lau

But then again, were our "first charge" - the official first charge today or the unofficial chargers that may have happened before?

In our last owner's March event, we had 44 Model S and we were all surprised. Now, I am thinking that our September event will have 100 Model S's! We will see how it goes. I will be sending out the survey for dates soon.

Stopped by the Burlington Supercharger this evening and saw that 2 of the stations were cordoned off with yellow caution tape. Not operational for some reason?

Picked up about 60 miles of charge in about 25 minutes. No one else around. Peak charging rate was about 165 MPH when starting at about 50% SOC, which slowed down to about 135 MPH as I got closer to full. Perfectly situated just off I-5, I will definitely be back in the future.

I am SO psyched.
Two more supercharger stations!
Can't wait for some to be open and activated in Texas...

Would Love to take a West Cost trip. up and down the coast, San Diego to Vancouver.
Soon enough.

Why not plan to do that with a few EV friends in June 2014? I know a few who will be taking that very drive, 1500 miles from Mexico to Canada, BC2BC-2014.

Stopped by the Burlington Supercharger this evening and saw that 2 of the stations were cordoned off with yellow caution tape. Not operational for some reason?

Picked up about 60 miles of charge in about 25 minutes. No one else around. Peak charging rate was about 165 MPH when starting at about 50% SOC, which slowed down to about 135 MPH as I got closer to full. Perfectly situated just off I-5, I will definitely be back in the future.

strange, with all 8 positions occupied and charging, I was seeing 190 m/h at a little over 50% SOC (see the picture I posed above). But even that was "only" 75KW (a far cry from 120). There seems to be some voodoo in the works. which position did you use? I was in the second slot from the control boxes (behind the wood fenced enclosure)

Today a CA Tesla Tech adjusted the Supercharging at Burlington a bit, super nice guy as took my car VIN to look at log why I had 404v 258A doing 270 mile\hr and the station only doing 190A 168 mile\hr today while the battery was at the same drained level the day I did it last time as I do 134-145 miles a day. He also replaced two of the hook up cables as found minor problems and they all about providing us not just service but great service.. He noted a few items and for the next visit..