Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like SCs are being found at the rate of about one per week. One location that will be very useful for folks going west from Toronto is the Cambridge site. Presumably that would be around 401/24 maybe by the SmartCentre with a Walmart. Has anyone looked there?
This charger is currently under construction. 14 chargers in the Boston Pizza parking lot just off the 491 at Hwy 24 exit at the Walmart/Michaels mall. The crew have been working on the station for about two weeks now. No timeframe on going live available yet.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Yeah, and about 2 years after I retired from my job in Cambridge. I had recommended this site to Tesla long ago... glad to see it come to fruition.
That must be why it's there. Not the location about an hr from Toronto or being along the 401 at about the same interval tesla is gunning for across the province, or the proximity to a large population in the kw area.

Anyone have a recommendation on how to do a return trip on a X75D in this weather from Toronto to Waterloo? Getting serious range anxiety here....

I regularly did Brampton to Cambridge, and for a couple of years with no charging on the Cambridge end, with no problems in my S85. Usually would go from 90% SOC to about 30 or 40% SOC (bit less in summer). EVs are quite a bit better on long-ish trips compared to shorter, around-town type of travel in the wintertime.

Drive slowly:)

There is a decent amount of L2 charging in Waterloo and some individuals with HPWCs - check out Plugshare. Just a little bit of that should be good - you will probably be ok anyhow.

It's what I was thinking, might have to keep it near a 100. The recent 450wh/KM have been scaring me a bit.

I regularly did Brampton to Cambridge, and for a couple of years with no charging on the Cambridge end, with no problems in my S85. Usually would go from 90% SOC to about 30 or 40% SOC (bit less in summer). EVs are quite a bit better on long-ish trips compared to shorter, around-town type of travel in the wintertime.

Currently waiting for my car to charge to 100%, and will make my way, lets see how it goes, I've done the trip several times before, just not in weather this cold.

I wish PlugShare users wouldn't do that. (and it appears to be gone now). There is no real way for a user to add a Tesla Supercharger and PlugShare themselves will add it when it comes on-line.

Supercharge.info is a great site for that kind of thing.
It actually still is there. It is listed as a restricted location

So update: I started at 364km, arrived in Kitchener with 157km (207km consumer). So no way I’m making it back haha.

Found a restaurant here with a destination charger so just plugged in at Fork and Cork.

The other spot is ICEd here. Funny thing, I think the owners have it switched off. I found a lever, and had to pull it up in order for the car to start charging...seemed weird

Attachments

• B8DF5A69-C0AD-4141-AD4B-5503F890BA80.png
    B8DF5A69-C0AD-4141-AD4B-5503F890BA80.png
    671.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
The good thing is that you should have the wind at your back on the way home so consumption should be lower.

Consumption is ALWAYS lower on the return trip. Perhaps the wind, but for sure the elevation change. When I drove a Chevy Volt, I could only get to about 3 km from my office on battery before the engine kicked in, but I could make it home on electricity with juice to spare... consistently.