Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cerritos, CA - Los Cerritos Center (LIVE 4 Sep 2020, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 stalls say they are for EV use only. I suspect they are going to paint that on the rest of the stalls also.
They won't be adding the markings to any other stalls. Those ground markings are part of the state's requirements for disabled accessible EV charging stations. So, they're only added to the stalls required by those regulations (not all of those stalls need to have the disabled signage at the head of the stall).

I think, but not use, that they can, if they want mark them as EV charging for clarity and to discourage none EV drivers, but can’t legal write (or enforce) legacy the only part. With handicap EV drivers that’s an exception. That’s said this is the first EV charging handicap spot I’ve ever seen so I’m not sure what the specific laws are or when they went into effect, or if grandfathering places a part.

Been there quite a few times lately over the prior few months. Cerritos is often, not always, 100% full. Even at 10-12 midnight during the week it’s still few. It’s also not uncommon for these to be 1-2 chargers broken.

Give the large amount of sales since these went in, the fact that the next closer charging station is about 15 miles in most any direction, the large amount of owners in the area, the proximity to TWO major freeways, etc we really need more chargers.

Hobestly with the two freeways they should have been V3 or something better than the base chargers they installed.

Hobestly with the two freeways they should have been V3 or something better than the base chargers they installed.
I agree I used this place a few times and honestly for Urbans they need minimum 24 because of turnaround time ..I prefer to use buena vista if in area ..but urbans IMO don’t really have a place as too slow given amount of teslas in the LA/OC area

Here are some pictures from today.

Ambient Electric was the company that installed the Superchargers here.

09618E6F-62E3-4583-8A9A-A7172495F34F.jpeg
4F1E3668-6518-4471-A9D4-B7FF696A1B9F.jpeg
05718CCA-2998-4F3C-B0A2-A161F0194661.jpeg

A large part of the parking lot has been fenced off. Anyone know if there is expansion coming? This location really needs more stalls

Hopefully they change the layout of the parking lot so there is only one place to wait for an open charger. Seen too many conflicts. If they add another row (or two) in the middle with curbing that will solve things.

Last edited:
That’ll take us to 20 which is much improved. Hopefully they’ll be 250kW units.

But that would be weird having such of mix in one place.

Either way happy for more chargers.

Wonder why they did this is two phases. Certainly cost more to do it this way.

Reactions: Nate75D
See above picture of Ambient Electric truck. They are the ones who put in the 12 Superchargers that are already there. Unless you are saying these could be ChargePoint or other chargers?

The excavation looks consistent with some sort of EV charger, but I'm waiting to see if they're really Tesla Superchargers. I would have expected to see prefab pedestal bases by now, rather than wooden framing on top of the trench. Well one way or another, all will become clear soon.

Bruce.

Some of this may have to do with the fact that previously this was just flat payment from one side to the other across two isles and four sides of parking; one for current superchargers.

In all likelihood they’re adding a curved island in the middle. This will make it less likely for people to cut others off waiting in line since the current horseshoe layout is in on one side and out with the other. Nosy people goto the end and take the loop and wait for a spot. But without a curb down the middle some people just park there and then jump in front of the line farther down when a spot opens.

Regardless which side the chargers go in or even if they’re not Tesla chargers it will at the least improve the flow and reduce the frustration. 90% sure it’s more Tesla. On Tesla would like be segregated somewhere else, even if nearby. Not likely the next isle.