Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cerritos, CA - Los Cerritos Center (LIVE 4 Sep 2020, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Supercharging here today, I asked one of the workers, “Are you putting in Superchargers or other chargers?” His answer was, “Superchargers, in a few weeks.”

Thanks for update.

Did you ask if they were going to be more slow Urban 72kW chargers like are already there; or are they adding some nice V3 250kW chargers like they put in over at Lakewood around the proverbial corner ?

The Cerritos ones are 72kW and that location has barely been open. So u less it’s a recent change they must still be using them.
Yes, of course, there are many 72kW chargers out there also being used. Some locations have a mixture since additional chargers , being added, were of the newer type. So, I am betting that if any additional ones are installed here, they will be the newer chargers.

1FDD7D4F-CC42-4294-BA6D-9CE5C2B81CAA.jpeg

Unfortunately they are installing 72kw

Reactions: Guacahummus
Looks there will be two different types of chargers here now.

Also seems like there is now only one obvious way through the chargers. Shouldn’t have issues anymore with cars waiting in both the middle and at u-turn at the end. Wasn’t uncommon for people to unintentionally or intentionally cut the line before.

I was here earlier today and saw that the new chargers are still taped off. Hopefully they will go live and help with the congestion for those local to this area! Would've been better if they did 8x 250 kW, that would've really sped up a queue. Alas, dedicated 72 kW is nice, better for degradation.

• Informative
Reactions: jeremymc7
Interesting. Seems to include the ones being installed and not yet active. I guess it's actuate either way since they're not active and not showing as such. Misleading at the least for time being.
Not the case. While I was there, the nav showed 12 chargers, but by the time I was home after errands, they had added the 8 new ones, and during the day the x/20 went as low as 2/20 available, so they are active.

Not the case. While I was there, the nav showed 12 chargers, but by the time I was home after errands, they had added the 8 new ones, and during the day the x/20 went as low as 2/20 available, so they are active.
It says the new stalls are out of order so they aren’t active.

Attachments

• 2BF4695A-F283-462A-8419-7D5B5E721252.png
    2BF4695A-F283-462A-8419-7D5B5E721252.png
    943.4 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: jeremymc7