Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, SC (West Ashley)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect. West Ashley is a district of Charleston, whereas North Charleston is a separate city.

Maybe Tesla will name this Charleston - West Ashley, SC.
Anyone from the state doesn't refer to West Ashley as Charleston; it is referred to as West Ashley. Same with North Charleston or Mt. Pleasant. If your point is simple semantics of city lines then ok sure but that wasn't what I was saying. My point was this isn't really Charleston as locals know it; it is West Ashley which is rather far out from Charleston proper.

Anyone from the state doesn't refer to West Ashley as Charleston; it is referred to as West Ashley. Same with North Charleston or Mt. Pleasant. If your point is simple semantics of city lines then ok sure but that wasn't what I was saying. My point was this isn't really Charleston as locals know it; it is West Ashley which is rather far out from Charleston proper.
Locals know lots of places differently. But Tesla doesn't care and usually names things by address, sometimes with a qualifier. So Charleston or Charleston - West Ashley rather than just West Ashley.

North Charleston is North Charleston because North Charleston is _literally_ not Charleston.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Charleston, SC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Citadel Mall
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-17
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-17

To: Myrtle Beach, SC (v2) - 100.3 miles
Diversion: 2 miles
To: North Myrtle Beach, SC - 112.6 miles (Permit)

On US-17, the southern route to Charleston downtown.

Reactions: PStewart
Also I little surprised they didn't do the East intersection 526/17 first. Feel like that is more populated than the west intersection. Hopefully not too much longer.

Ironically I'm in Charleston this week/end and needed a charge yesterday. Couldn't get my mobile connector to reach from my friend's closet plug so I went to the N Charleston location last night. Nothing in Charleston is far, mileage-wise, but it can take a while to get around!

Also I little surprised they didn't do the East intersection 526/17 first. Feel like that is more populated than the west intersection. Hopefully not too much longer.
I live here and wasn't really sure which one was "east" and which one was "west" in this description. I guess West Ashley is "west", but tbh, its mostly south of the other end of 526.

I guess this is why Raleigh resorts to "inner" and "outer" to describe things.

The location is kind of odd. It isn't really that far from the existing site at Tanger, and that mall is basically dead. There's a Target there and a lot of empty space.
Many people using the N Chs super charger are locals. I suspect there's a lot of people in west ashley that live in condos without access to home charging. This will take some demand pressure off the N Chs SuC.

Any updates on this one?
There's a fence and some trenching being done in the parking lot near the food court and Target area. There's nothing that I could see that specifically makes it obvious that this would be for superchargers, but the placement is pretty much the most logical area of the parking lot. Its also away from the other construction and containers.
PXL_20230225_005954561.jpg

I have lived here since 1977 and West Ashley is and has always been known as Charleston.
Not sure who you have been talking to.