Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - 8192 S Tryon St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As Marco wrote in the Tesla North Blog on 9/22, a 16-stall supercharger is planned for the Lowe's hardware off I-485 exit 1. Also interesting to note that the plans call for 3 pull-in stalls.

Charlotte-Tryon-1.jpg
Charlotte-Tryon-2.jpg

Another interesting choice and layout.

Fine choice on surrounding amenities and distance to 49/485/77, but very close to other locations. Really starting to focus on metro locations instead of sections between cities. We'll have more locations on our outer ring/beltway than most other cities. Maybe they're getting in before Steele Creek blows up, but would be surprised they know that much about Charlotte real estate.

Happy for whoever uses it though.

Charlotte - S Tryon St, NC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Whitehall Commons
Along Primary Interstates: I-77
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-21
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-485

I-77

To: Charlotte - 1111 Metropolitan Ave, NC - 9.6 miles
Diversion: 3 miles
To: Charlotte - Northlake Centre Pkwy, NC - 17.6 miles

US-21

To: Charlotte - 1111 Metropolitan Ave, NC - 12.1 miles
Diversion: 4.5 miles
To: Charlotte - Northlake Centre Pkwy, NC - 20.7 miles

Another Charlotte Supercharger, the closest one yet to the airport.

Last edited:
Wonder if this will be a v4 site. There have been two recent v4 sites found in the SE that are located at Lowes. That or by the time this is actually built, maybe they're only installing v4.

V4 Sites at Lowes

Another interesting choice and layout.

Fine choice on surrounding amenities and distance to 49/485/77, but very close to other locations. Really starting to focus on metro locations instead of sections between cities. We'll have more locations on our outer ring/beltway than most other cities. Maybe they're getting in before Steele Creek blows up, but would be surprised they know that much about Charlotte real estate.

Happy for whoever uses it though.

I used to work off of Beam Road, between this site and the airport, and there were lots of places to eat in and around this shopping center. Even though some of the names have changed, it looks just as busy as ever.

The discount grocery store next door has been replaced by a Publix, and there is a Walmart on the other side of Lowe's, in the same overall parking lot.

Since I live in Charlotte, I'm rarely driving all the way through on either I-77 or I-85, but it seems like Tesla is assuming that road trippers will mostly take I-485 around the city, rather than go straight through. That, and as @airj1012 mentioned, most of these seem designed to serve suburban locals.