Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chugiak, AK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non-AEA chargers are lining up with Superchargers so far:

FB_IMG_1646552301411.jpg

Chugiak, AK

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Three Bears
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: AK-1

AK-1

To: End (AK-2 Tok, AK) - 296.6 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles

A second Alaska Supercharger on AK-1.

Host is Three Bears, which is an Alaskan supermarket, gas station/convenience store, sporting goods and pharmacy company.
If Alaska can make an agreement with the company that would allow for some significant coverage, on AK-1 and AK-3, as well as a location on AK-2 in Tok (where the company started, and AK-1 ends at AK-2).
And I think (gulp) it could bring Tesla Superchargers within reach of AudieB, as they have a store in Healy, AK and a gas station in Trapper Creek, AK.

LocationHwySupermarketGas StationSporting GoodsPharmacy
Big LakelocalYY..
Butte, MontanaI-90Y.YY
ChugiakAK-1Y.Y.
Four Corners / Palmer“AK-1/AK-3”YYY
PalmerAK-1Y
HealyAK-3Y.Y.
HoustonAK-3.Y..
KenailocalY.YY
KGB Rd. WasillaAK-3Y.YY
Meadow Lakes - WasillaAK-3Y.Y.
NinilchikAK-1Y...
TokAK-2/AK-2Y.Y.
Trapper CreekAK-3.Y..

Note that on the map below Fairbanks, AK and Homer, AK do not have Three Bears, I just used them to indicate important locations on the map.
Many of those locations match with the map given by @PStewart above.
ak_threebears_etc.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart
@MarcoRP Should this site get its own unique page? I posted this on the "Alaskan Highway SC's" thread because it was easy. But technically that's AK-2/AK-4, which this is not on. Not sure what the protocol is but just a suggestion to track progress going forward. Those of us up here in the northern charging desert will be VERY eager to check in on it often regardless!!! 😁

Tesla has made the requested plan changes and it looks to be back in final review with the department.
View attachment 791449
I heard last week that Tesla was looking to move very quickly to get this in this summer provided they could get the permitting taken care of which is pretty exciting. I also heard their next planned expansion should be near Cantwell as they are prioritizing the Anchorage -> Fairbanks sector next. Fingers crossed that my source was correct.

I heard last week that Tesla was looking to move very quickly to get this in this summer provided they could get the permitting taken care of which is pretty exciting. I also heard their next planned expansion should be near Cantwell as they are prioritizing the Anchorage -> Fairbanks sector next. Fingers crossed that my source was correct.
That's 191-miles which, especially in a wintry state, would be about double their target 100-mile distance between SCs. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at another at the Talkeetna junction, along with another near Girdwood to shorten the 166 mile distance between Chugiak and Soldotna? Does Cantwell or Healy post their building/electrical permits online? The Municipality of Anchorage does but it's not searchable by applicant or even location. I've tried to find new ones in Bird, Indian and Girdwood without any luck. Glad to see Alaska getting some SC love finally though! Now if we can only get a proper service center....🥴

It looks like there was pushback in regards to requiring an ADA accessible stall on 4/17/22. Interestingly enough the permit for the CCS charger that was supposed to go at the same location has been cancelled? Anyone who’s in the know have any more details?
Where did you see or hear this? This is the only info I noticed in the ePlans portal:
1655324150648.png

It sounds like you might know of some place to see progress on the CCS chargers supposedly being installed along the railbelt this summer? I'd like to see how far along they might be construction-wise to see when to buy the S Korean CCS adapter.

g.
If Alaska can make an agreement with the company that would allow for some significant coverage, on AK-1 and AK-3, as well as a location on AK-2 in Tok (where the company started, and AK-1 ends at AK-2). I think (gulp) it could bring Tesla Superchargers within reach of AudieB, as they have a store in Healy, AK and a gas station in Trapper Creek, AK.

LocationHwySupermarketGas StationSporting GoodsPharmacy
Big LakelocalYY..
Butte, MontanaI-90Y.YY
ChugiakAK-1Y.Y.
Four Corners / Palmer“AK-1/AK-3”YYY
PalmerAK-1Y
HealyAK-3Y.Y.
HoustonAK-3.Y..
KenailocalY.YY
KGB Rd. WasillaAK-3Y.YY
Meadow Lakes - WasillaAK-3Y.Y.
NinilchikAK-1Y...
TokAK-2/AK-2Y.Y.
Trapper CreekAK-3.Y..

Nope, but thank you for the sentiment. Still will need to charge up ~halfway along the Denali Hwy (that’s what heads east from Cantwell, for those who don’t know AK’s roads but can see the map included above).