Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairbanks, AK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just today I spotted the 4 permits between Anchorage and Fairbanks on the supercharge.info map. With a little in-browser webdev tools twiddling, I came up with this map of all 4:

2024,0121_SuperchargerPermits_Anchorage_to_Fairbanks-supercharge.info.jpg

Just today I spotted the 4 permits between Anchorage and Fairbanks on the supercharge.info map. With a little in-browser webdev tools twiddling, I came up with this map of all 4:
The sites were added to supercharge.info in Permit status based only on the NEVI funding info. Not for any actual local permits. I requested they be added at Supercharger - Trapper Creek, AK

The sites were added to supercharge.info in Permit status based only on the NEVI funding info. Not for any actual local permits. I requested they be added at Supercharger - Trapper Creek, AK

Correct. We haven't seen any actual permits yet, but the NEVI funding information was enough for me to add them to the map. The "Permit" pin is not a strict indication of permits having been issued.

I commented on the Trapper Ck. thread about these locations. For here: as I used to live outside Ester (hard by right next to Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn, for those of you who know your Alaskana 🤣 ), anything that happens in Ester is A Good Thing.

But more to the point: Ester (or Gold Hill, much of a muchness), Nenana, Healy, Cantwell and Trapper Ck (or the "junction" - close enough) were exactly my suggested locations to Tesla for SpC sites......10 years ago. I'm beginning to get a RipVanWinkleness about me....

I seem to be mistaken about Healy: no site there yet has popped up. Or has it just not yet hit the .info page?

Marco posted this accidentally last year meant for Clark, NJ. He never posted a follow up and I wasn't able to get plans for it when I asked the city of Fairbanks. As far as I can tell, Fairbanks doesn't extend as far as where the Ester pin is, but the zip code is the same. Not sure its much help posting this, but did want to post it for historical reasons. Maybe this will trigger someone else to find more info.

1708627075549.png

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Honorary Esteroid here:

Please call it Ester. We, every resident of the city of Fairbanks, every resident of the Fairbanks-North Star Borough, almost every resident of Alaska and even some residents of Anchorage know what and where Ester is and the difference between it and the Big Smoke 5 miles to its east. Eventually, downtown Fbx will get one just as cities down in the lesser-48 also have.

Were you to call it the Fairbanks SpC that would be tantamount to calling the Sparks one "Reno."

From the FNSB website:
Do I need a building permit before starting construction?
Building permits are only required within the City of Fairbanks (phone: 907-459-6720) and City of North Pole (phone: 907-488-8593). Since the FNSB has not adopted a building code, building permits are not required in the Borough at-large outside of these two cities. However, a zoning permit may still be required whether within or outside of the city limits and, if commercial, you may still be required to get approval by the State Fire Marshal.

If those sites are outside the city limits, we may not see any permitting before construction.

I’m not sure I understand the prior several sets of location comments, April Fool or no. 3040 Parks is still the Gold Hill Tesoro, which is what this thread had presented all along, ¿no?

For further…..color…: When I was amongst the shiftless/homeless, I lived with two malamutes in an insulation-deprived ancient slide-in camper about 150 yds to the ESE of this site, behind one of the industrial warehouses in that location. One lot east of the Blue Loon (where I was a bouncer, as I’ve noted somewhere on TMC).

F. Y. Earl Blvd 😂
Brutal, huh? He calls out the Elon cultists and the transphobics and that's what he gets in return? Tough crowd anymore.

It does make more sense that it'd be at 3 Bears since they very likely have a corporate MOU at this point. This gives me hope that Tok (shown on one of Teslas recent voting maps) will get built too and that'd be the obvious location choice.

Reactions: Tacoma Dave
Brutal, huh? He calls out the Elon cultists and the transphobics and that's what he gets in return? Tough crowd anymore.

It does make more sense that it'd be at 3 Bears since they very likely have a corporate MOU at this point. This gives me hope that Tok (shown on one of Teslas recent voting maps) will get built too and that'd be the obvious location choice.
Tok would be a great spot. I definitely voted for that one.