Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clare, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this common for new SCs?

As was said, it happens, but it's not common. It's even less common when a site has been open for a few months like this one has.

Usually once Tesla has the site added to the car map they expect that it will be available.

Now in my travels I have seen other sites show up around the country as "reduced service" or "temporarily closed" before, but there's usually a good reason for that rather than just a power issue which is what seems to be the case here. Kettleman City in California was listed as "reduced service" the last time I was there because there were working on the solar panels and had 10 or so of the stalls (out of 40) blocked off. And then there was the SC in Kansas that was closed in the spring because the road to it was flooded.

Is there a place to report this issue or do we just think they know because..?

If the car nav shows that a site is offline (closed) then Tesla had to know about that in order to make that happen.

Furthermore, I've personally spoken with a Tesla SC tech who told me that they had cellular connections at their SC sites in order to monitor them. So they definitely know when a site is offline.

Reactions: Big Earl