Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know the exact stats, but very few have been deleted from supercharge.info. We maintain a spreadsheet for our Superchargers Visited game, and do very few deletes.

Here are some numbers that may help:
Number of superchargers currently in supercharge.info is 2348
Highest supercharger id (assigned sequentially) with the first one being 100 is 2652
We have 15 in our spreadsheet that were opened than closed, and were deleted from supercharge.info
(our spreadsheet only has US, Canada)

Superchargers that were opened then closed are now kept in supercharge.info and marked as closed. I've never personally deleted a supercharger from supercharge.info, but I know it happens.

"Coming Soon" superchargers on the Tesla "find us" page are not put in supercharge.info until there is a permit of other evidence that it is real, so it is not a source for determining locations dropped from the "find us" page.
There have definitely been permit pins that have been on sc.info for years, but I'm not sure if they ever get deleted. Certainly there have been permits for sites that Tesla has moved on from for one reason or another. I can't remember if they've ever started construction on one and then not opened it, but obviously some have opened and then later been shut down.

There have definitely been permit pins that have been on sc.info for years, but I'm not sure if they ever get deleted.

Some do get deleted, but there are several that have been in permit or construction status for a long time. You can see them here: supercharge.info (scroll to the bottom).

Not sure the criteria used for deletion - probably the admin that added it determining it is not going to happen.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Some do get deleted, but there are several that have been in permit or construction status for a long time. You can see them here: supercharge.info (scroll to the bottom).

Not sure the criteria used for deletion - probably the admin that added it determining it is not going to happen.

NM is such a mess with or with the shut down. There is a segment of the population that is antithetical to COVID and are not capable of masks and hygiene change. So they have been shut down that effects a lot of work and state growth. I am in Santa Fe and Taos and business are really struggling with the COVID metrics. So, imagine the labor pool to build superchargers, in Clayton NM. Labor must be imported by a Tesla approved contractor, likely from Colorado or Arizona?. My suspicion is this is the major problem. We want the SC but Tesla has a quality standard that needs to be met for "us". I doubt there is a Tesla in the general vicinity, but for the highway drivers. Not to mention there must be sufficient power to the lot.

NM is such a mess with or with the shut down. There is a segment of the population that is antithetical to COVID and are not capable of masks and hygiene change. So they have been shut down that effects a lot of work and state growth. I am in Santa Fe and Taos and business are really struggling with the COVID metrics. So, imagine the labor pool to build superchargers, in Clayton NM. Labor must be imported by a Tesla approved contractor, likely from Colorado or Arizona?. My suspicion is this is the major problem. We want the SC but Tesla has a quality standard that needs to be met for "us". I doubt there is a Tesla in the general vicinity, but for the highway drivers. Not to mention there must be sufficient power to the lot.
The crew of two who built the Montrose CO Supercharger Station had Texas plates on their vehicles.

I meant to say that "I am in Santa Fe and Taos "from time-to-time" so excuse me. I live in Texas actually. Waiting on the Grapevine, TX SC to open, just north and a bit west of the DFW Airport.

DPGCOLORADO: Did the Texas crew come in with backhoes and concrete kind of stuff? Did they build the pedestals? I find it interesting how learn how Tesla select such crews.

Thx

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I meant to say that "I am in Santa Fe and Taos "from time-to-time" so excuse me. I live in Texas actually. Waiting on the Grapevine, TX SC to open, just north and a bit west of the DFW Airport.

DPGCOLORADO: Did the Texas crew come in with backhoes and concrete kind of stuff? Did they build the pedestals? I find it interesting how learn how Tesla select such crews.

Thx
They did all that stuff, although I assumed that the concrete and asphalt was locally contracted. They put in the conduits, built the pads and pedestals, pulled cables, installed and hooked up the equipment. A used transformer was installed by the local electric co-op.

I'm currently in Woodland Park, CO, (just west of Colorado Springs) and there are an absurd amount of Texas plates around here. Probably 90% of the out of state plates are Texas. If that's any indication of how many Texans travel this route by car, I don't know what is. And if there's that many, surely there are a lot of Tesla owners in Texas that want to drive this route.

I bet within a couple months of Clayton coming online it would be the busiest 'remote' Supercharger location in the world.

Oh man, it’s been quite a bit of time since I posted here on the forums, so hopefully im not just repeating information already shared somewhere else, but guess who just finally got news of where the Clayton NM charging station will be?

My dad.

Anyways, he was curious about what the fencing that was put up at Ranchmarket (the local grocery store) was for, and they told him its the tesla charging station thats being built.

Ill have to post photos later of it, but wanted to give you all an update since I just found out.

Oh man, it’s been quite a bit of time since I posted here on the forums, so hopefully im not just repeating information already shared somewhere else, but guess who just finally got news of where the Clayton NM charging station will be?

My dad.

Anyways, he was curious about what the fencing that was put up at Ranchmarket (the local grocery store) was for, and they told him its the tesla charging station thats being built.

Ill have to post photos later of it, but wanted to give you all an update since I just found out.
Forum member @reddy has been stalking the Ranchmarket relentlessly looking for signs of construction, so it's nice you beat him to it :)

Last edited:
Ok, stopped by Ranchmarket on my way to work. It’s night time, but I mean it’s a construction site, so I feel like sharing some night time pictures of the site doesn’t matter as much as if it were photos of when the chargers are fully constructed.

6D60B461-FAB6-4B7F-B61C-6DC51E984B2D.jpeg
15682BFB-C03A-41AA-97A5-DDDF4915B363.jpeg

That's fantastic! Do you think it will be ready by Saturday Feb 13? HA HA HA ... I'm so funny. :(

I'm still hoping Van Buren is online by then and apparently all that's left over there is the meter.

But seriously this is great news. A much needed location.

XD I wish, but it’s going to take at least two weeks, then I think the construction crews are switching out so that the current one can go back home to whatever city they were sourced from.
So it really just depends on if the crews all work roughly at the same pace to be able to figure out when it’ll be finished.