Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clayton, NM is official! This is awesome!!!

Attachments

• C6658B50-445C-44D0-9E77-11934685E42D.jpeg
    C6658B50-445C-44D0-9E77-11934685E42D.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 167
I always try to buy something from one of the local retailers/markets or shops when supercharging. I don’t want to just use their bathrooms and fill up their trash cans, I want more support from local businesses for charger installations.

If you can please support the local businesses in Clayton while you are charging, especially the Ranch Market.

I always try to buy something from one of the local retailers/markets or shops when supercharging. I don’t want to just use their bathrooms and fill up their trash cans, I want more support from local businesses for charger installations.

If you can please support the local businesses in Clayton while you are charging, especially the Ranch Market.
That’s my philosophy as well. We’ll be sure to patronize the businesses going in both directions (to/from Colorado and Texas).

Legit just drove from Denver to Dallas through there. Range anxiety between Trinidad and Amarillo. 92 to 2% on a 3 LR. Can now save a hour not going OKC and Kansas the way back.
Following up on this since I'm at the supercharger, not all stalls appear to be functional yet, location says 4 of 8 were available but there are 8 stalls. So for the time being, if you see 4 available none are being used. My guess would be to stick to the 4 nearest to the boxes.

Following up on this since I'm at the supercharger, not all stalls appear to be functional yet, location says 4 of 8 were available but there are 8 stalls. So for the time being, if you see 4 available none are being used. My guess would be to stick to the 4 nearest to the boxes.
It's pretty common for one of the cabinets to not work in the early days of a v3 supercharger. Each cabinet serves 4 stalls. Let's hope the other one doesn't fail!

Yep. Not many major gaps to fill now.

SE New Mexico
Shelby
I29
Minot,ND & Estavan, SK
TransCanada 16

I think that connects all the major population centers in the lower 48 and Canada (with minimal detours). When that's done, we can start complaining about all the secondary/scenic routes and small cities/towns not on the Supercharger network.
(Cough, North Dakota, Cough)

I'd like to see coverage on both sides of the US-Canada border. Many times of the year, it can take more than an hour to get to the other side. Inconvenient in the summer, deadly in the winter.

Sault St. Marie Michigan/Ontario set the example. It's a good idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. It wasn’t showing on my PlugShare app but your link opened it! The PlugShare app filters are flaky. I have the Coming Soon filter turned on and it still doesn’t show it.
I’m glad you said that about the PlugShare filters. Those things are making me crazy! I can’t seem to find logic to getting them set to my liking. Some buttons seem to turn things on others seem to filter things out.

ok done venting now.........

Thanks for the link. It wasn’t showing on my PlugShare app but your link opened it! The PlugShare app filters are flaky. I have the Coming Soon filter turned on and it still doesn’t show it.

I’m glad you said that about the PlugShare filters. Those things are making me crazy! I can’t seem to find logic to getting them set to my liking. Some buttons seem to turn things on others seem to filter things out.

ok done venting now.........

I think the problem here wasn't plugshare filters per se - rather, the initial plugshare pin here was a temporary listing (as a "wall" plug) as a kludge because plugshare only allows superchargers to be listed from the official Tesla feed. That feed has now been updated to include Clayton, so the the listing has now become an official "supercharger" entry here: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

• Helpful
Reactions: sdoorex and CarlS
Yep. Not many major gaps to fill now.

SE New Mexico
Shelby
I29
Minot,ND & Estavan, SK
TransCanada 16

I think that connects all the major population centers in the lower 48 and Canada (with minimal detours). When that's done, we can start complaining about all the secondary/scenic routes and small cities/towns not on the Supercharger network.
Then start retro fit all to V3

Then start retro fit all to V3
I think it's more likely they'll just continue to build new v3 stations. Gaps won't truly be filled until we have stations every <50 miles and charging is just not something anyone has to think about. Would be a waste to remove perfectly good v2 stations before we hit true saturation.