Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearwater, FL (V3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning at 11:00 a technician was at work and all the covers were off the stations. He said he had hoped to be finished today, but didn't think he would be. He said that after he finished, "the contractor" had to do something to get things working. Asked when the station would be operational, he gave the vague 'any day now.'

The black car to the far right in the attachment is the technician's car. Two spots were coned off. All the others ICE-d, but I didn't notice, or look for, 'Tesla Only' signage..
Clearwater V3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Gondi63
So I came back tonight and it is still slow as piss. Stopped with 65% and it’s only charging at 45kW. I really hope this isn’t the final state. The location isn’t showing up in navigation yet. It doesn’t appear to be charging any money either. View attachment 512243

I went by this afternoon after you (3:15) and got about 45 Kw as well. Coincidentally, I was at the same 69% SoC as your earlier visit. At first I thought it was 'free' also, as it didn't show up on my car's display. However, when I got home and checked my online account, the charge was there -- $.27 per KwH, which is almost double what I pay at home.

Not sure why it would be working but at a low rate of charge. Maybe someone versed in electronics would know.

I stopped by tonight but honestly it didn't feel any faster. I realized tho that once the charging rate drops below 115kw or so, the v2 and v3 chargers will charge at the same rate ... as long as you arent sharing at the v2
Here is what I was getting and (unscientifically) I think 35 min is about average at a v2 and I am usually starting at 40 miles of range

thumbnail

I stopped by tonight that about 6:30 p.m. and developed a philosophical question. If a Nissan Leaf is blocking a charger, is it ICE-ing? After a couple minutes of warmup, I peaked at about 155 Kw. For my Model S this represented a peak gain of about 525 mph. Including the Leaf, six of eight spots were ICE-d when I arrived, but I didn't see any prohibitive signage.

I had started at 14% charge and stopped at 50%. At that point the charger had tapered down to about 110 Kw.

The location is in the system now. I gave a voice command to navigate to "Clearwater charger" and it responded properly.

• Love
Reactions: Gondi63 and DeanP