Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearwater, FL (V3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by at lunch and it looks to be about the same as from last week.

I agree that this location is going to be heavily "iced", especially during the lunch hour as Chic-fil-a seems to be under parked and there are limited ingress/egress points. At the same time, it's nice to see a SC location in mid-Pinellas county along US 19.

Thanks for the update. Saves me the time tomorrow as I won't stop unless I see the Tesla crates have been delivered.

The good thing is Wawa is not a location you stop and stay long, so even if ICEd I would expect the owner of the car to return in about 10 minutes. Also since these should be v3 cabinets they will have dedicated power as well as peak 250kW rates which will help minimize the time of vehicles needing to charge.

I am also not sure how popular this location will be in terms of those needing to charge due to a road trip. Anyone in South Pinellas (Largo, Seminole, Saint Pete) that is heading North (Ocala, Lake City, out of the state) will head East to 275 and then North on I-75. I feel these are just to supplement the future needs of EV stations. I would love to be in the Tesla planning sessions where this type of decisions are to be made. I know I predicted this location in March of 2018, Anyone wondering about the 21 "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?, however that was only because it was the logical location for the "coming soon Clear Water" [sic] location.

I would love to be in the Tesla planning sessions where this type of decisions are to be made. I know I predicted this location in March of 2018, Anyone wondering about the 21 "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?, however that was only because it was the logical location for the "coming soon Clear Water" [sic] location.
It seems like at least a few of the recent group of v3 announcements are at Wawas, so I wonder if Wawa had some influence in saying "hey, we'd like to drive some traffic to spots X, Y, and Z - which would work as v3 spots for you?"

191230_173354_473730_jpeg_1024.jpeg
191230_173406_188633_jpeg_1024.jpeg

Just stopped by give an update. Doesn't look like anything has changed since the last reported status.

Living in North Pinellas I have been watching this thread closely. I saw the comments of the spots being iced and was thinking there should be signs like I have seen in other public charging spots ' Parking for electric vehicles only' So I thought the police would drive by, see a non-tesla car parked and write a ticket. Well, today I was in the Pinellas Park supercharger site , also behind a Wawa and saw this
sign and though ' how can they enforce that ? '

PS I was just about to hit 'post' when I reread the sign... originally I understood it to mean 'Tesla-- OR -- 10 minutes general ( meaning anyone else) parking. Now I really dont know what it is supposed to mean :) I should've asked the manager

upload_2020-1-5_14-41-11.png

Stopped by today a no new progress. These though will probably be heavily ICED. I walked out after grabbing a hot chocolate and most of the back spots, all and not just the soon to be superchargers, were occupied, with only about 6 open spots total. This was around 10:30 in the morning so of course availability will vary. As I stated before at least if/when the spots are ICED spots should open fairly quickly as I don't see many spending more than 10 minutes grabbing food/drink inside.

Living in North Pinellas I have been watching this thread closely. I saw the comments of the spots being iced and was thinking there should be signs like I have seen in other public charging spots ' Parking for electric vehicles only' So I thought the police would drive by, see a non-tesla car parked and write a ticket. Well, today I was in the Pinellas Park supercharger site , also behind a Wawa and saw this
sign and though ' how can they enforce that ? '

PS I was just about to hit 'post' when I reread the sign... originally I understood it to mean 'Tesla-- OR -- 10 minutes general ( meaning anyone else) parking. Now I really dont know what it is supposed to mean :) I should've asked the manager

View attachment 496776
Yes, those signs mean that the spot is available as general parking for any car for 10 minutes or less. If a Tesla is using it to charge, the time limit doesn't apply and they can keep charging as long as needed.

Most of the installation was completed today. Cabinets have been installed and the terminals are in place. The spots are fenced off and the terminals have bags over the top. There is still one small transformer in the lot as well as a forklift. I would expect construction to be completed soon and then we will have to wait for the final inspection.

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

Yes, those signs mean that the spot is available as general parking for any car for 10 minutes or less. If a Tesla is using it to charge, the time limit doesn't apply and they can keep charging as long as needed.
Here’s the problem I have encountered at these 10-15 minute general parking charging spots. Sometimes the location is so busy that most spots are iced and you have to find a spot to park and wait until one opens up. Several we encountered had cars parked there for over 30 minutes. Depends if the business location will enforce the icing. I know some where we have been charging and several spots iced and no employee ever came out to ask anyone to move. Many of the employees are teenagers and seem lost when it’s mentioned to them or too busy. They also have no idea who parked in the spots. I prefer charging locations far away from the front entrance to any business or locations with limited parking.

Reactions: Seven7
This station should be online fairly shortly. Tesla Energy was onsite yesterday. Also yesterday the City of Clearwater inspector released the request to Duke for connection to power and metering at 1:30 PM. Today was a partial pass with the notes, "Pass pending installation of last two delivery units ."

I will be stopping by the location again tomorrow at the latest to see if there are any noticeable updates or progress. If anyone gets there before then please check to see if Duke has physically installed the meter. After that, we will be up to the mercy of Tesla turning on the station.