Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coalinga, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2022, 80 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3937.jpeg

Nice for blocking Sun and Rain at the individual charge stalls, but I hope they will spread out as there is lots of Central Valley sun to collect. Somebody should pay to put panels over the aqueduct for example. Bet they'd get more energy then they could ever use by doing that, and would prevent a ton of evaporation by shading the water so maybe get some kickbacks on the install too. Hwy 5 and 99 run along the aqueduct for hundreds of miles so they could offset power from all the Superchargers from SF - LA off that solar. Runs north to south too, so they could build a curved structure over the water and catch the sun from various panels as the day progresses.

Reactions: Tyl
Nice for blocking Sun and Rain at the individual charge stalls, but I hope they will spread out as there is lots of Central Valley sun to collect. Somebody should pay to put panels over the aqueduct for example. Bet they'd get more energy then they could ever use by doing that, and would prevent a ton of evaporation by shading the water so maybe get some kickbacks on the install too. Hwy 5 and 99 run along the aqueduct for hundreds of miles so they could offset power from all the Superchargers from SF - LA off that solar. Runs north to south too, so they could build a curved structure over the water and catch the sun from various panels as the day progresses.
Funny you should mention that.

• Informative
Reactions: GleanerC and Tyl
CA is already working on an aqueduct / canal solar panel project, so hopefully, they will expand it soon. Yes all the things you indicate, power generation and reduce evaporation
But Coalinga really needs more power, they’ve been out of power several times. I hope that Tesla puts in tons of solar and MEGA packs there so charging would always be guaranteed. Or Harris Ranch just needs to have more power run, but I’d prefer to have solar implemented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyl
I-5 north south ✔️✔️. I-10 east west✔️✔️. Others as well. The opportunities are endless. …. …..just as huge canopies as have been suggested over aqueducts✔️✔️. Yes, absolutely! Great ideas! Internet renderings.

Attachments

• IMG_5224.png
    IMG_5224.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5225.png
    IMG_5225.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
The Turlock Irrigation District (TID) solar panels over canal is supposed to start Fall of 2023. Does anyone know if it has started? I did not see anything on their web site.

Also, interesting that TID, an irrigation district, is the power provider and biller to homes and businesses in that area. We had something like that for a place in Mountain House.

Photos from this morning.

Bollards along the outer perimeter rim of the base rock lot.

Crews working on the solar panels today.

Gas prices.

Attachments

• IMG_5498.jpeg
    IMG_5498.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5499.jpeg
    IMG_5499.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5500.jpeg
    IMG_5500.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5501.jpeg