Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coalinga, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2022, 80 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here yesterday.
Didn't get any pics, but about 2/3 of the charges were covered up with big white bags.
In car app said something like 25 of 80 available and while the site was very busy, I had no problem finding an open stall and pulling 240+kW.
All good, but left me curious. Anyone know what's going on with this site?

Reactions: israndy
What do you think?…… these Tesla superchargers are all at Harris Ranch. Yes, they are separated by several hundred feet, but shouldn’t we have just one ‘Red Dot’ indicating their location? Ref: Indio CA. If they were a mile apart I’d understand but not when they are on the same property. I say merge the threads.

What do you think?…… these Tesla superchargers are all at Harris Ranch. Yes, they are separated by several hundred feet, but shouldn’t we have just one ‘Red Dot’ indicating their location? Ref: Indio CA. If they were a mile apart I’d understand but not when they are on the same property. I say merge the threads.
since Tesla themselves marks these as two different sites then TMC should keep these as separate threads.

Reactions: Big Earl and bmah
Yeah, like Mt. Shasta, you can throw a tennis ball between them. Or that one in Vegas that's just 2 stalls but in the garage below are a bunch of Urban Chargers listed as a second site. This seems to be the way

supercharge.info and TMC both follow the naming and organization that Tesla uses on the nav, mobile app, and Web map. (Well, at least in the United States and Canada. I think this is true in most other regions of the world also.) We actually put in significant effort behind the scenes trying to keep everything consistent. It's just too confusing to users to do anything else.

"Harris Ranch" and "Coalinga" are two different sites to Tesla, so that's why they're separate sites on supercharge.info and separate threads on TMC.

Bruce.

Charged here yesterday.
Didn't get any pics, but about 2/3 of the charges were covered up with big white bags.
In car app said something like 25 of 80 available and while the site was very busy, I had no problem finding an open stall and pulling 240+kW.
Not sure if it’s related but Tesla has applied to install solar at this site. Looks to be 5 separate “service station canopies” being applied for separately.
1681218833286.png

Charged here yesterday.
I ran into a tech this morning at another site and I mentioned that this site (Harris Ranch) and Santa Nella have only had half the chargers available. He said that there is too much noise frequency coming from all the AG equipment… and that PG&E can’t fix the problem…. They have tried adding filters onsite, but that solution isn’t helping.

He also mentioned that things will get really bad when the CCS retrofits start going in at more locations:(

I ran into a tech this morning at another site and I mentioned that this site (Harris Ranch) and Santa Nella have only had half the chargers available. He said that there is too much noise frequency coming from all the AG equipment… and that PG&E can’t fix the problem…. They have tried adding filters onsite, but that solution isn’t helping.

He also mentioned that things will get really bad when the CCS retrofits start going in at more locations:(
AG equipment like tractors? Noise frequency? Um, I’m no EE but noise from ICE is causing electricity problems? Sounds fishy. And what do the CCS retrofits have to do with anything? DCFC is DCFC regardless of the type of plug.

• Funny
Reactions: Kingrippler
AG equipment like tractors? Noise frequency? Um, I’m no EE but noise from ICE is causing electricity problems? Sounds fishy. And what do the CCS retrofits have to do with anything? DCFC is DCFC regardless of the type of plug.
Not ICE😂🙄, think ground water pumps.. If you haven’t been to the California Central Valley in awhile, they pump a lot of water out of the ground or to move water around.

The CCS comment was in regards to the increase of users.

Last edited:
Reactions: jboy210
I was just at Coalinga last week…we managed to drive from Borrego Springs to Coalinga through SICK LA traffic, making it there with about 60 miles remaining. I noticed that about Half of the SC were covered up in their protective covers/bags, couldn’t really tell if these were NEW additional (about 60) or out of service. I have a feeling this site is slated for many things. As others have mentioned, full solar covering would be very interesting. There is a large grassy dog patch area, ala Kettleman, which for those traveling with pets must be nice. The restroom for the gas station are easy to access, large and well maintained. The BBQ seems to get quite a bit of interest and traffic.

To get to the Coalinga charging section, (NOT the legacy Harris Ranch ones along the main road) there is a blocked off entry road that says “Tesla EV charging only” so it would seem that they plan to route a large flow of traffic in that route, and out the back so expect something new to be added to increase overall usage me thinks.

Reactions: israndy
Not ICE😂🙄, think ground water pumps.. If you haven’t been to the California Central Valley in awhile, they pump a lot of water out of the ground or to move water around.

The CCS comment was in regards to the increase of users.
This year it might be pumps trying to move surface water and keep the newly re-emerged Lake Tulare and its tributaries from flooding more farms, towns, roads, etc.

i cant charge their unless I have a gas mask, the stench is too much 🙃
That’s what bio-hazard defense mode is for. You just need to hold your breath during your EVA ( Extra-Vehicle Activity) to run out and plug in.
Just be glad you have a Tesla so that is quick, unlike with any other ICE, H2 vehicle, or other EV where you need to fuss with an app, cash, or credit card.