Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - College Station, TX - Texas Avenue South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A second thought, is those Leaked locations.. may be very gross.. approximations.. to locations.. like a planning document with (no site visits).

Anyone who lives in Bryan College Stations (knows) that is close to the busiest intersection in the Cities.. the traffic flow is highly (Hostile) to turning or non-thru traffic. Just trying to make a turn there .. like into a driveway, would quickly net you a rear-ender or major traffic accident.

Everyone is on "Edge" passing through that Intersection, plus its got six lanes North/South, and asymmetric, Four lanes turning West and two lanes coming East turning North.. its a god awful Intersection to navigate, let alone try to tun into anywhere. Most of the sidewalk traffic is by foot or e-scooter.. so you have a mix of low speed and high speed pedesterian traffic as well.. and it sits so the Morning Sun and the Evening Sunset blind you from three directions.

I couldn't think of a worse place in the entire Valley to place a Supercharger.

The George Bush and Texas location is the exact opposite, low speed traffic, virtually no foot traffic, and lots of idle locations and vast parking lots.. its just two Intersections down.

Gosh Tesla.. i wish you could consult locals when making plans like this.

Reactions: ggies07
If the EV Connect App didn't request access to bluetooth, require touching the charger, or connect to a special WiFi... It likely did not connect directly to the charger. The app probably talked to the central server and that talked to the charger.

I guess I could try disabling my Bluetooth tooth next time to see if that is how its enabling the charger.

If it works, then the terminal must have its own internet connection.

It works reliably for me.. I'm just curious how it works, for future troubleshooting purposes.

College Station, TX (coming soon)
175 Century Square Dr
College Station, TX 77840

That makes (a little) more sense, than just University and Texas Intersection, its about a Quarter mile or more down University in the backwaters of a new-ish shopping district behind a financial services building.

Its still kind of odd though, since its way off the main thoroughfare (twisty winding low speed back roads) around office buldings.

I believe the landlords are a management company that promotes retail in the interests of the University, when I was a student years ago.. this was the "Married Student" housing area across from Campus. They tore all of that down a few years ago and built up a retail rental district with mixed purposes.

I could "see" it getting done.. eventually.. but whenever the University gets involved.. things can take decades.. perhaps the management company can provide some insulation and get things done quicker.

Its still a very niche area though, I can't see it being all that useful for the majority of the public.. just accessible and conveneint for paterons of the retail district.

Its across the street from the former (now cancelled) University Polo Rd Garage project.

College Station, TX (coming soon)
175 Century Square Dr
College Station, TX 77840

That makes (a little) more sense, than just University and Texas Intersection, its about a Quarter mile or more down University in the backwaters of a new-ish shopping district behind a financial services building.

Its still kind of odd though, since its way off the main thoroughfare (twisty winding low speed back roads) around office buldings.

I believe the landlords are a management company that promotes retail in the interests of the University, when I was a student years ago.. this was the "Married Student" housing area across from Campus. They tore all of that down a few years ago and built up a retail rental district with mixed purposes.

I could "see" it getting done.. eventually.. but whenever the University gets involved.. things can take decades.. perhaps the management company can provide some insulation and get things done quicker.

Its still a very niche area though, I can't see it being all that useful for the majority of the public.. just accessible and conveneint for paterons of the retail district.

Its across the street from the former (now cancelled) University Polo Rd Garage project.

I don't get why it wouldn't be useful for the majority of the public. CSTAT really isn't that big so getting to it not really an issue. The exact placement of a supercharger is far less important than just actually having one there.

I don't get why it wouldn't be useful for the majority of the public. CSTAT really isn't that big so getting to it not really an issue. The exact placement of a supercharger is far less important than just actually having one there.
Its the pattern of traffic in that area.

Sure you can adapt, but its a different sort of "feel" the streets in that narrow area are about 5-10 miles per hour and each side of the road is basically a multistory building, kind of like downtown Manhattan, or St Louis. If that's what your used to driving through, its no problem. But your visibility is severely hampered, hard to see around corners ect..

All the streets are also pavement bricks.. I'm not saying I don't like that.. but its a lot different from mostly concrete or asphalt streets everywhere else in Texas.

Its more of a walkable mall area with lots of foot traffic.

There are lots of Multi-level mixed use buildings too; businesses on bottom, apartments and lofts on top. It is unusual for the valley.

If you live or work there.. its fantastic.. you can pretend your living in New York.

I do agree, any Supercharger is better than none.. and this special area probably lends itself to making this happen.. where its just not been possible anywhere else so far.

I'm not against "any" Superchargers in this area or any other place in the City.

.. I think I'll drive over there tonight and take some pics, or make a video

Last edited:
Its the pattern of traffic in that area.

Sure you can adapt, but its a different sort of "feel" the streets in that narrow area are about 5-10 miles per hour and each side of the road is basically a multistory building, kind of like downtown Manhattan, or St Louis. If that's what your used to driving through, its no problem. But your visibility is severely hampered, hard to see around corners ect..

All the streets are also pavement bricks.. I'm not saying I don't like that.. but its a lot different from mostly concrete or asphalt streets everywhere else in Texas.

Its more of a walkable mall area with lots of foot traffic.

There are lots of Multi-level mixed use buildings too; businesses on bottom, apartments and lofts on top. It is unusual for the valley.

If you live or work there.. its fantastic.. you can pretend your living in New York.

I do agree, any Supercharger is better than none.. and this special area probably lends itself to making this happen.. where its just not been possible anywhere else so far.

I'm not against "any" Superchargers in this area or any other place in the City.

.. I think I'll drive over there tonight and take some pics, or make a video

I know the area well. My TAMU student offspring live very close to it.

Reactions: jwillis84
From the recent address leak, two locations...

Google Drive: Sign-in
20221013_094810.jpg

Reactions: XHabjab
Something worrisome was occurring out back of the HEB, this was around Midnight tonight.

The Mobile Mini "shipping container" is parked up against some curb way such that there is a space just large enough for a car to hide behind.

There was a car with headlights parked out there.

It was late, so I didn't want to stop and get out to ask any questions.. and my Tesla dash camera couldn't make out a license plate.

But (if) that container is being used by Tesla, they might ought to ask the local Police to patrol the area.

I could let my imagine run wild and say maybe they could get a welding torch out and break into that shipping container by cutting a hole in the side, away from street view. But I don't know that for sure.

I also don't know how to contact Tesla to suggest they engage security personnel.

Here is the video from my Tesla dash cam, it occurs at the very end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texshark
Site plan

View attachment 863998

I also came across EAs site plan. 6 stalls at the Target across the street.

That site plan is definitely the HEB Fuel lot.

That area is blocked off by fences and the boxy equipment cabinet on the far right is already there. The still wrapped equipment has the words Tesla Energy on it.

They are digging a trench in the greenspace to the lower left.

This is just a "guess" but the large brown cardboard boxes are about the size and shape of Telsa charging terminals.. if you stacked them back to back like cards in a deck for shipping purposes.

I didn't see any signs of major parking curb work, but there is already parking bumper stones for each space. And the space lines are painted, and there is raised curb behind that has a concrete stroll path just large enough to set and bolt the Tesla chargers too.

I don't pretend to know the scope of the project, they could demolish it all and put in fresh concrete after running cabling under the concrete. But your planning PDF document seems to show the charging terminals just bolted to the existing parking space concrete, sideways?

If the document is accurate, these may be a different type of charging terminal, smaller than I've seen before.. more like half the width and placed next to where a charge port would be on a Tesla inside the parking space. More like a charging post.

If that is roughly the plan, they might just use explosive bolts to fasten the side chargers(?) to the existing aggregate concrete in each space. I've never seen anything like that before.. but if it becomes the "new normal" it would speed up deploying Tesla Superchargers in a lot of locations.

Last edited:
From the recent address leak, two locations...

Google Drive: Sign-inView attachment 863406

175 Century Square is over in the old married student / new retail district across from the Bonfire Memorial part of Campus.

1900 Texas Ave S is the HEB Fuel lot, which is currently under construction and has Tesla hardware on it.

I haven't been checking on things every day, but now that I've seen signs of construction. I'll start keeping a close eye on things.

The Florida eight day construction video involved a whole lot more earth moving equipment and delivery trucks.

If that planning document is "true" this may go even faster than that Florida eight day project.

that doesn't mean they would be lit up by the end of the project however, Bastrop over towards Austin got built and then had to sit dark for a couple weeks while things beyond Tesla's control had to be worked out. Its online now.. but is an example where just because Tesla is finished, doesn't mean they are up and running yet.

The PDF drawing is vector based, so it can be "infinitely" zoomed in on.

Standard Stall.jpg

The annotation in the Upper Left of the Drawing says "Standard Stalls" but these are still oriented "sideways" and are "smaller" than I've seen before. I think we're gonna get to see something "fresh" out of Tesla that maybe hasn't been seen before.

Doh ! - I didn't notice the "Standard Stalls" count is (zero) .. that hints even greater at something "different" at this location.. hitching stalls? Yee-haw

Its a quite good PDF document with lots of detail

Standard stalls.jpg

I love this document, the Right hand says the construction will not disturb the retaining wall, and conduit will be run with "cuts" in the existing asphalt and covered with liquid asphalt.. so the construction type will be quite minimal.. and probably very fast.

Last edited:
The PDF drawing is vector based, so it can be "infinitely" zoomed in on.

View attachment 865286

The annotation in the Upper Left of the Drawing says "Standard Stalls" but these are still oriented "sideways" and are "smaller" than I've seen before. I think we're gonna get to see something "fresh" out of Tesla that maybe hasn't been seen before.

Doh ! - I didn't notice the "Standard Stalls" count is (zero) .. that hints even greater at something "different" at this location.. hitching stalls? Yee-haw

Its a quite good PDF document with lots of detail

View attachment 865287

I love this document, the Right hand says the construction will not disturb the retaining wall, and conduit will be run with "cuts" in the existing asphalt and covered with liquid asphalt.. so the construction type will be quite minimal.. and probably very fast.
pretty sure "stall" doesn't mean the charger. There are no existing charging spots, but there are 11 parking "stalls" that will be used that will be turned into 8, hence the -3. There will be 8 parking spots (stalls) instead of 11.

Reactions: jwillis84
pretty sure "stall" doesn't mean the charger. There are no existing charging spots, but there are 11 parking "stalls" that will be used that will be turned into 8, hence the -3. There will be 8 parking spots (stalls) instead of 11.
Yeah "stall" could mean almost anything, could be its a generic [purpose] and "standard" is just any purpose other than "Tesla's" purpose.

The diagram isn't a photograph, they could be using the charger symbols just as place holders, and they could be just like the ones we know and love.

I'm getting excited just by the bullseye center location in the Texas highway map.. I live here, so I'm over hyped.. and will visit each night to monitor the project from now on.

But that Tesla is now starting to "fill in the gaps" for people traveling "intrastate" its a pretty good sign they are maturing as a major charger network provider

The new J1722 wall connector, and destination network manager they just released on Tesla Shop. is also a sign Tesla isn't waiting for any bureaucracy to catch up.. they're just plowing ahead and adapting to the situation.

J1772.jpg

Since all Tesla's still come with a J1722 adapter for free.. they could just roll over to that as the new Tesla Standard in an instant without affecting anyone already owning a Tesla.

Our wrists would get sore.. but that's a result of the government.. not Tesla.

I'm still using the Tesla CSS1 adapter for DC Fast charging over at the Brookshire Bros in town.. and its become easy peazy

It is kinda weird however, Tesla designed their J1772 upside down, so the Vampire "Fangs" are on the Top not the Bottom, and the Clasp or Hook of the connector is exposed.. so you could pry it loose without breaking it.. if it malfunctioned.. unlike almost all the other J1772 locations I have seen where half the connector is sheared in half and missing.

But I may be conflating that opinion with the CSS charger connector.. I've been using that a lot more lately.. they look similar to my amateur eye.

Last edited:
WED 10/19 9:47 PM

Went by this evening, no change, equipment and grounds don't look like they have been touched today.

Did find some paper work on the equipment I could see through the fence confirming v3 Superchargers.

the taller White canvas covered boxes are apparently the Cabinets, 1 to a box, 2 total boxes

the shorter cardboard packed boxes are the Superchargers, 4 to a box.

IMG_4380.JPG

SCv3.jpg

SC4.jpg

There is a much more detailed Project BOM packing list in a ziplock bag complete with Supercharger serial numbers and shipping date of 9-20-2022, since today is 10-19-2022, I would guess that means it takes about a month to travel from where ever they are manufactured or packed for the job to the destination.

As much as I go on about the Flood curbs, and as careful as I have been.

I still managed to run over the smallest Flood curb.

technically I ran "into it" since if I had actually run over it my tire would be in the ditch and I couldn't get out

This is an "extreme" hazard to this location.. I can't stress that enough.. you can do serious vehicle damage if you only pay attention to the parking lot traffic. The ultrasonic sensors cannot see these curbs "At all",

Zero, nadda .. no warnings what so ever.

Be careful !

IMG_4392.JPG

The Wells Fargo banks all around town have taken to erecting Six inch diameter 4 foot concrete poles, painted bright Yellow in the Nook of the bends on these wacky curbs.. they are terrible.. trucks get in there and "dig out" the grass and mud scooping them deeper because "Everyone" who can drive into them .. do so.

I will say, TAMU campus has taken to filling in these Flood control curb Nooks with Concrete, they just make them flat surfaces you can "drive over" since that is what is going to happen anyway. It stops the ground erosion due to muddin excavation.

Flood waters tend to surf the streets instead of soaking in during the rainy season in hard desert like conditions.. so Flood curbs are mandated everywhere. It gets worse the further West you travel in Texas... generally higher curbs.

Last edited: