Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Collinsville, IL

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
First signs of activity up at Collinsville! There are some utility flags in the area where the permit shows the station will be. There was also an electrical contractor van at the Casey's...but that could have been a coincidence.

20210325_105553.jpg

Last edited:

jvonbokel

John VonBokel
Nov 5, 2012
Belleville (St Louis)
Seems like the Superchargers in the Midwest are finally starting to enter construction. Anyone been by the Collinsville Location since last Thursday?
I stopped by Saturday evening and saw the same thing @ratsbew shared above. I also called yesterday and talked to the manager of the Casey's. She said "it's happening", but it's over her head and she doesn't know anything about a timeline.

Swtwsws6

Apr 6, 2021
Fairview Heights, IL
Good to see, although this one is so close to home for me its probably a moot point. Still good to see more going in. And Ill have to drive by here to keep an eye out on it for others as well and post anythign I see.

Swtwsws6

Apr 6, 2021
Fairview Heights, IL
Awesome. When I saw the container sitting there i figured it was about to start, now it looks like things are rolling forward. Even though this one is really close to me, it will be good to have, especially early on if/when i get my tesla because I probably wont pre-install a home charger until I take delivery, so I might need this to top up here and there until that gets put in....

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
I have 400kWh of referral credits for Supercharging so I may end up coming up to Collinsville before they expire to use them up over the course of a few months. I head up there somewhat regularly so it won't be wasted trips.

Swtwsws6

Apr 6, 2021
Fairview Heights, IL
At first glance yesterday, it didn't appear that any work had started, but when I walked over into the grass for an overview shot I noticed they've already cut out the curb to make room for the concrete expansion to add 8 parking spaces. Also it looks like a light pole and lighting fixture were delivered.

View attachment 658496View attachment 658497

View attachment 658498View attachment 658499
I was just there yesterday and saw the light pole didnt even notice the curb cut out!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC