Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mammoth Lakes, CA - Old Mammoth Rd. (LIVE 24 Nov 2023, 12 V3 + 4 L2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it's been almost two weeks since the last update... if anyone has any other updates I'd really appreciate it. I'll be driving through on Saturday on a drive from Flagstaff to Big Sur, via Yosemite... would love if it was open lol... if not, the L2s are fine.
Guessing you will be the source of the next update. Check the app, it will be updated before the car knows about the site.

It's live @bmah @corywright @Big Earl @Guacahummus

Screenshot_20231124_153434_Tesla.jpg

The gmap entry for this charging site says "437+Old+Mammoth+Rd", but the above Tesla app says "686 Old Mammoth Road".
(the original site in Mammoth Lakes is 165 Old Mammoth Rd).

@corywright @Big Earl @Guacahummus
The condos are 165 Old Mammoth, the original supercharger has an address on Tavern, not Old Mammoth Rd. 437 Old Mammoth is the Town office address listed in the agenda in the first post. Guessing they just used that address instead of the address at the park where the CRC is being built.
1700938397973.png1700938521229.png

Stopped by the newly-opened site on Monday, Nov 27. Vehicles are free to enter the Recreation Center‘s parking lot, as none of it is blocked any longer by any type of construction fencing.

Mammoth has already had some snowfall this season, as evidenced by areas around town that do not get much direct sunlight.

Look closely at the one photo below to see a Tesla destination charger.

IMG_4673.jpegIMG_4675.jpeg

That destination charger would be great for visiting any of the local restaurants. Aside from that, I am happy to have these chargers there. If not charging at my destination, I can always pop in for a 15 minute charge, which should last me a week up there until I take the hill back down.

Reactions: cmarshack
That destination charger will never be available during most winter weekends. Unless there is billing set up on it people will just leave their car, especially if there is only one.
Ah, you are correct. There is no motivation to move their car. As is, whenever I stay at Juniper, there is always one or two cars who are there for several days. I met the president of the HOA there one day, and he agreed, and put signs up. It did nothing. I heard they may change to paid charging to solve this problem.

Ah, you are correct. There is no motivation to move their car. As is, whenever I stay at Juniper, there is always one or two cars who are there for several days. I met the president of the HOA there one day, and he agreed, and put signs up. It did nothing. I heard they may change to paid charging to solve this problem.
There are 4 L2 per the plans. That is just the handicapped access one. You need 6 or more destination chargers to use the billing portion. Usually these are added per the site owner so it might not fall under the supercharger billing by Tesla. But that is information from Tesla just for L2, not sure if hosting a supercharger lets you charge money for only 1 (or 4 in this case).

Reactions: MountainRatMat
Much like Bishop, this one has some less than ideal features. The superchargers are not completely lined up with the parking lines and to compound this, they decided to make all of the Tesla spots also general parking. While an improvement over the old SC, this will be a mess on busy weekends
IMG_4148.jpeg

Much like Bishop, this one has some less than ideal features. The superchargers are not completely lined up with the parking lines and to compound this, they decided to make all of the Tesla spots also general parking. While an improvement over the old SC, this will be a mess on busy weekendsView attachment 998769
I'm sure the town of mammoth required this for the permits to be approved. I am hopeful that there is some semblance of etiquette here. I'll be testing them out this weekend.

How do we get them covered in some nice fresh fluffy snow? it's pretty dry for "a big winter ahead" that everyone was predicting.

Much like Bishop, this one has some less than ideal features. The superchargers are not completely lined up with the parking lines and to compound this, they decided to make all of the Tesla spots also general parking. While an improvement over the old SC, this will be a mess on busy weekendsView attachment 998769
Someone should get a tape measure and see if the distance to and from the same point on adjacent chargers are the same as the width of the parking stalls. If the charge post spacing is consistent then the parking space lines are not or vice versa.

Someone should get a tape measure and see if the distance to and from the same point on adjacent chargers are the same as the width of the parking stalls. If the charge post spacing is consistent then the parking space lines are not or vice versa.

Spacing seems consistent for both, the issue is the parking lines are wider than the distance between chargers, so the chargers get progressively further off center.

Knowing what happens at the other SC in Mammoth and people taking three spots, I’ll stick to trickle charging in town on a holiday weekend 😆

Spacing seems consistent for both, the issue is the parking lines are wider than the distance between chargers, so the chargers get progressively further off center.

Knowing what happens at the other SC in Mammoth and people taking three spots, I’ll stick to trickle charging in town on a holiday weekend 😆
So the posts were installed with incorrect spacing or the lines were listed with incorrect spacing. If it get worse as you go then towards one end the cables won’t reach the cars.

So the posts were installed with incorrect spacing or the lines were listed with incorrect spacing. If it get worse as you go then towards one end the cables won’t reach the cars.

Or someone figured that Tesla drivers are awful at parking, so if they put down some weird striping, it would compensate for the bad parking and things would all work out in the end. 😎

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: Mrbrock and sunnnv