Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbus, OH - Hilliard Rome Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this same contractor, Pontchartrain Partners, LLC has installed a couple other superchargers in ohio that have been waiting forever to be turned on despite the work looking like it was complete... another user on the west chester OH supercharger thread posted this:
West Chester Supercharger update 2/17/23 - Saw a crew of electricians working on the chargers and asked if they were going to be ready soon, they said probably still 2-4 weeks. They were fixing things the original contractor did not do properly to make “Duke energy happy.” Electrician said that Duke has still not ran power to the transformer yet. Looks like Duke is holding it up and not the county.

seems like they may have installed several of these incorrectly and they need fixed

Unless Tesla wants to delay, it's up to the utility. There have been delays in a lot of places. Labor and supply chains have hit connectivity pretty hard.
While this seems plausible, there are also many places that are experiencing quick permit to activation times. This is the case in North Carolina, where I live. I pay particular attention to Ohio since it's my home state and thru state for my wife's home of Michigan. Seems to me there are several locations in Ohio that are seriously delayed after construction is "apparently" complete.

Ponchatrain sites a mentioned earlier in this thread as being delayed. Cleveland - Euclid also is delayed and the contractor is GDP Group. I have no idea who's working on the turnpike sites. The one thing they have in common is that construction started in the latter half of 2022.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezla041
While this seems plausible, there are also many places that are experiencing quick permit to activation times. This is the case in North Carolina, where I live. I pay particular attention to Ohio since it's my home state and thru state for my wife's home of Michigan. Seems to me there are several locations in Ohio that are seriously delayed after construction is "apparently" complete.

Ponchatrain sites a mentioned earlier in this thread as being delayed. Cleveland - Euclid also is delayed and the contractor is GDP Group. I have no idea who's working on the turnpike sites. The one thing they have in common is that construction started in the latter half of 2022.
Thanks for the update. We look forward to using this site once energized.

The photos I've seen of the turnpike sites have Ponchartrain trailers.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezla041
Countdown until this happens here

Same contractor did this install. It will be no surprise when they have to come rip this site up and try again.

Wanted to chime in here and say I have used the Meijer in Dublin Supercharger. While it isn’t listed as a 250, I have achieved excellent charging speeds at this location. This is with a nerfed p90d. So I would view this as a relatively close speedy alternative to Hilliard until it’s completed. PS- Polaris sucks

Wanted to chime in here and say I have used the Meijer in Dublin Supercharger. While it isn’t listed as a 250, I have achieved excellent charging speeds at this location. This is with a nerfed p90d. So I would view this as a relatively close speedy alternative to Hilliard until it’s completed. PS- Polaris sucks
That's fine for casual trips but not for people like me who are min/max-ing our times down to the minute because we travel for work.

That's fine for casual trips but not for people like me who are min/max-ing our times down to the minute because we travel for work.
Yeah true, I understand the frustration. I live right by West Chester / Fairfield superchargers and they had major issues getting both of those opened. It could be due to contractor errors I never got the true full story. Regardless it took both over 8 months to open when construction was completed before thanksgiving

A couple of weeks out from a trip along I-70 so crossing fingers this site is operational then. When we need to charge here we do the I-270 corridor and drop down to the Grove City SC which works in a pinch but a bit of an extra drive, especially in traffic. This new V3 site is by far our most anticipated SC since we received our M3DM in Apr. 2019.

I charged at the Dublin Supercharger yesterday and struck up a conversation with a Tesla Tech repairig a damaged charger there. He said that 2 other techs were working on the Hillard SC, and that it should be up and running yesterday. He also said that the delay was due to the previous contractor's dault and not city hall redtape. I did not go there to check where the SC iwa really live yesterday. Hope he's right.

I charged at the Dublin Supercharger yesterday and struck up a conversation with a Tesla Tech repairig a damaged charger there. He said that 2 other techs were working on the Hillard SC, and that it should be up and running yesterday. He also said that the delay was due to the previous contractor's dault and not city hall redtape. I did not go there to check where the SC iwa really live yesterday. Hope he's right.
Thank you

hilliard.jpg